BR and twitter weighing in on how many wins Muschamp needs to keep his job

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Navy, I get optimism. I live in the real world and don't live my life like that, but I get how some people honestly believe or hope we'll be 14-0. I don't get people saying that he should remain if he posts yet another mediocre season. That I don't get. Not all. I have no tolerance for a coach that makes us less than Vandy, Mizzu, or Jorga.
Have a like!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I personally like CM and think he will become a great College Coach. I just hope that starts this year and we can all feel good about our FB team again. If not, he will become a Great Coach somewhere else and probably rub our noses in it.

The thing I really don't understand is why some posters think UF deserves to always be the pace setter. Nothing is a given and UF has to earn it's reputation every year and every game. Nothing makes me happier than to celebrate a UF victory but it's not the end of the world when we lose because I know better days are coming. Good things are coming... I believe, I believe. *****

***** If we look as befuddled as last year, CM needs to go. No excuses this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Navy, I get optimism. I live in the real world and don't live my life like that, but I get how some people honestly believe or hope we'll be 14-0. I don't get people saying that he should remain if he posts yet another mediocre season. That I don't get. Not all. I have no tolerance for a coach that makes us less than Vandy, Mizzu, or Jorga.
He's welcome!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n4334 said:
Who has said he should stay after another mediocre or worse season? I have only seen people say that he will stay if he wins 8+ games this season. No said he should, just that he will.
WTF Wobble! I agree with you?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To me, it's East or bust. But I think he's kept at 7 or 8 wins. And I have no idea why that would be. It's rather depressing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n4423 said:
I personally like CM and think he will become a great College Coach. I just hope that starts this year and we can all feel good about our FB team again. If not, he will become a Great Coach somewhere else and probably rub our noses in it.

The thing I really don't understand is why some posters think UF deserves to always be the pace setter. Nothing is a given and UF has to earn it's reputation every year and every game. Nothing makes me happier than to celebrate a UF victory but it's not the end of the world when we lose because I know better days are coming. Good things are coming... I believe, I believe. *****

***** If we look as befuddled as last year, CM needs to go. No excuses this year.

I have no say in the matter, but I do feel if things don't get better, and I mean much better and fast, this will be his last year at UF. Like you, I hope he becomes the coach we all want him to be. It's obvious the players think a whole lot of him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's obvious the players don't think much of him or they wouldn't have quit on him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
WobbleGator;n4334 said:
Who has said he should stay after another mediocre or worse season? I have only seen people say that he will stay if he wins 8+ games this season. No said he should, just that he will.
^^Yup. Unless you got a bunch of millions in your pocket you feel like parting with, I don't think we as individuals can really do much about it. It's much easier on my heart to hope Coach gets things turned around and becomes the dynasty coach we all want. Bitching and moaning about him when you have no power to change anything, really doesn't accomplish a thing other than just keep yourself up in a tither.
He will cost more in lost attendance alone that it would cost to replace him. Hell, UAA is begging for people to buy tickets.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4438 said:
I think it's obvious the players don't think much of him or they wouldn't have quit on him.
18-22 year olds lose focus easily. With their teammates dropping like flies around them, don't you imagine a lot of them were thinking, "damn, I don't want to be next"? Hard to play hard when your confidence is shot and you know your best men aren't on the field.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n4448 said:
18-22 year olds lose focus easily. With their teammates dropping like flies around them, don't you imagine a lot of them were thinking, "damn, I don't want to be next"? Hard to play hard when your confidence is shot and you know your best men aren't on the field.
Isn't that where you would expect the head coach to step in and provide some leadership?

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4438 said:

And how do you know the players quit on him?

If anything they quit on each other.

You play for your team and team mates not the Coach.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n4464 said:
Isn't that where you would expect the head coach to step in and provide some leadership?

Funny I thought I saw the Coaches trying to provide leadership. If you didn't it's because you were not looking.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n4475 said:
In the real world you don't get partial credit for trying.

In the real world, try is all people do. Some just try harder than others but trying doesn't guarantee success.
I can't believe that every coach, including CM, didn't tried their hardest to do their job last year.
UF was victimized by the perfect storm last year and the only people who don't seem to acknowledge that are Chat Room Posters.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n4464 said:

My thoughts exactly. Opportunity comes at different times and different ways. Have them ready to play...coach them up. What I saw was a team that knew nothing was going to be different from one week to the next. Our first quarters were not that bad (think South Carolina, FSU), but then the air got let out of the balloon and we were done.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n4480 said:
My thoughts exactly. Opportunity comes at different times and different ways. Have them ready to play...coach them up. What I saw was a team that knew nothing was going to be different from one week to the next. Our first quarters were not that bad (think South Carolina, FSU), but then the air got let out of the balloon and we were done.

Doesn't that happen when you are playing 2nd and 3rd stringers?

At least we got some game experience for the young guys.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm tired of ending up defending what happened last year. It serves no useful purpose to keep beating this dead horse.

Last year is dead and gone, just like my youth. What we have is a new year (season) full of promise, whatever happens, I will still be a Gator and still root for our guys, including the Coaches, every week.

If we don't make significant improvement on Saturdays, I will be at the front of the line calling for Change.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I believe all the peices are there for us to turn things around next year. It's kinda sad my expectations are low. Any confidence I had left in muschamp' s ability to prepare a team to play died. I do however feel he has the talent to revive my confidence. I'm with ox, wich is all we can do is wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.