Bracketology: It's once again great to be a Florida Gator

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If (and it's a big if), IF we were to get the #2 seed in the East and get this same bracket, it looks very favorable for a deep run.
giphy.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team reminds me a lot of the 04's. They played mediocre ball all year until February when everything just clicked. Green was substandard until February when he just took the team by the reins. Sort of what Cheese is doing.

No I don't think they have the defensive dominance inside but I think they could possibly be a final four team.

I mean, they are straight dominating opponents right now.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'd be happy with a 3. We would need to win regular season conference and make the tournament finals or win it to get a 2 seed. But, I'm optimistic with the way they are playing. If they get a 4 or higher they'll be playing in Orlando.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team reminds me a lot of the 04's. They played mediocre ball all year until February when everything just clicked. Green was substandard until February when he just took the team by the reins. Sort of what Cheese is doing.

No I don't think they have the defensive dominance inside but I think they could possibly be a final four team.

The 04s won the coaches vs. cancer tourney in NY early on and that really put them on the map. They had ups and downs, but they showed earlier they could beat elite teams. This team still hasn't done that... they beat UK at home, but UK isn't really that good right now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The 04s started out the 05-06 season 17-0 (and as ATX said, they won the Coaches vs. Cancer tourney, beating Syracuse and Wake, both ranked teams at the time). They played mediocre in February, losing 4 of 7 (each loss by 4 points), before getting it turned in March and winning out. Very few ranked teams in the SEC that year (UT was the only other one - and we lost twice to them).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_Florida_Gators_men's_basketball_team

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we win the regular season SEC championship we might pull a 2 seed.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to lock up a 2 or 3 seed and hope the bracket breaks favorably for us. Go Gators!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The 04s started out the 05-06 season 17-0 (and as ATX said, they won the Coaches vs. Cancer tourney, beating Syracuse and Wake, both ranked teams at the time). They played mediocre in February, losing 4 of 7 (each loss by 4 points), before getting it turned in March and winning out. Very few ranked teams in the SEC that year (UT was the only other one - and we lost twice to them).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_Florida_Gators_men's_basketball_team

I remember them turning it on in February. Must've been March.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'd be happy with a 3. We would need to win regular season conference and make the tournament finals or win it to get a 2 seed. But, I'm optimistic with the way they are playing. If they get a 4 or higher they'll be playing in Orlando.

I agree because a 2 and 3 are very similar as are 4 and 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.