Brandon James

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Some guy was at my school today and saw something gator I was wearing. He said "You must like Brandon James." Well hell yes. So I talked about Brandon J for a minute, This guy Im talking to is pretty short maybe 5'6 so I said "And you are taller than him" He was about to show me where James came to him in height. He was like "Yeah, Im taller." I asked him what Brandon was doing now and he said "selling insurance like me"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you tell him we'd rather have "Coach" James than "Coach" Harvin?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Some guy was at my school today and saw something gator I was wearing. He said "You must like Brandon James." Well hell yes. So I talked about Brandon J for a minute, This guy Im talking to is pretty short maybe 5'6 so I said "And you are taller than him" He was about to show me where James came to him in height. He was like "Yeah, Im taller." I asked him what Brandon was doing now and he said "selling insurance like me"
Did you tell Brandon he was the best dang returner ever? And did you buy anything from Brandon?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
didnt see Brandon. Just his coworker
But I woulda said all of that...........

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I love Brandom James, and this is no knock on him, but if Percy Harvin was also a Punt or at least Kick Returner for us all three years at UF, I'm convinced he may have had 8+ return Touchdowns combined or maybe just even for Kickoff Returns..Dude had 5 KOR TD's in the NFL, now imagine what he could do in college against slower players? Crazy. He had an amazing high school highlight tape and I've never come across one better. Show's returns in some of them, as well.

The best thing about Brandon James is he also was a legit threat to score any time, and the coolest thing is he barely, if ever, fumbled the ball away on returns despite being a lot smaller than most other players he was going against and also he was so fearless. Not afraid to field the ball, no matter how stupid it seemed to do so, but doing it expertly and saving us from the ball rolling another 10 or 15 yards, and usually getting a bit of a return in to boot!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That 2006 recruiting class was amazing.

Percy Harvin type players only come along once a while.
The heart that Tebow & Spikes played with led the offense & defense.

Brandon James was a killer on special teams. I don't remember him ever fumbling a punt or kickoff.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love Brandom James, and this is no knock on him, but if Percy Harvin was also a Punt or at least Kick Returner for us all three years at UF, I'm convinced he may have had 8+ return Touchdowns combined or maybe just even for Kickoff Returns..Dude had 5 KOR TD's in the NFL, now imagine what he could do in college against slower players? Crazy. He had an amazing high school highlight tape and I've never come across one better. Show's returns in some of them, as well.

The best thing about Brandon James is he also was a legit threat to score any time, and the coolest thing is he barely, if ever, fumbled the ball away on returns despite being a lot smaller than most other players he was going against and also he was so fearless. Not afraid to field the ball, no matter how stupid it seemed to do so, but doing it expertly and saving us from the ball rolling another 10 or 15 yards, and usually getting a bit of a return in to boot!

I agree completely. I don't usually put much stock in the highlight tapes but Percy's was the equivalent of watching an adult play against children. I have never seen anything like it and he lived up to the tape

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.