Breaking down UF's recruiting area's instate

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I agree in general with all your points but maybe the first one:

1. Nussmeier does have not only St. Pete, but Fort Myers and Naples, so I would not completely agree that they are not good recruiting spots.

2. I do agree that populations and athletes do not match up 1 to 1, but they do match up fairly well.

3. I do not take this map as an end all which is why I doubted it in my first post.

Naples doesn't produce much (a bunch of old retired people like URG pointed out) and you could probably hit all the high schools in Fort Myers in a day or two.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I was just questioning what you meant by "It is pretty hard for me to believe that one guy has Osceola and Polk?" specifically.

I guess I might have said ONLY Osceola and Polk. I checked the numbers to see if my immediate reaction matched the numbers and I think that was the case.

Here is a list of NFL picks from SW Florida:

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...uthwest-florida-mackensie-alexander/83694866/

which suggests to me an area that does produce some players. The major towns in the SW area have average ages in the 40s which is close to the average for Florida which is around 40, but that area does have a slightly higher average age.

Plus I thought it was funny that Nussmeier who many around here criticize so much has the most populus recruiting area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator