Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I got info recently from a source that I actually find more trustworthy than any of the others. I'm told Hugh Freeze is the top target of the coaching search and UF is preparing an offer that he hopefully cannot refuse. Trust me when I tell you this info is solid.

I consider the top tier to be the Kelly's, Patterson, Stoops, and Freeze, so this would be great news if true.

Discuss.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's done some pretty good things at Ole Piss. He'd be an upgrade from Mushswishyhips.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If these are really the top targets, I like them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's believed that Freeze can be persuaded.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111724 said:
It's believed that Freeze can be persuaded.

My thought all along has been go after whoever we want. All they can say is yes or no. :dunno:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Would be a great pickup, with only Chip Kelly and possibly Stoops being better for the program.

The one thing that I don't like about him is his Dabo-like schmarminess. He's always spinning things in that good ole boy way, just like the Dabo.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's keep this thread to the discussion of the pros and cons of Hugh Freeze only. I left the other thread open for speculation on other candidates.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a native Mississippi boy. Color me highly skeptical of him leaving what amounts to his "dream job". Of course, money in sufficient quantity has been known to persuade people to do the unexpected.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Hugh Freeze is a great coach, motivator, and recruiter. He would find it easier to recruit at UF and win the SEC East than he would recruiting at Ole Miss and trying to win in the SEC West. Right now Freeze makes more money than Muschamp, but Ole Miss athletic director Bjorn Bork is already negotiating to up Freeze's salary, but yes, UF can outbid Ole Miss in a money war. If you know anything about Freeze you know he is not an Ole Miss grad. He is a graduate of Southern Miss and it is interesting that he did not play college football. But he grew up on a dairy farm not far from Oxford. He loves Ole MIss. He is small town Mississippi all the way. He is a strong conservative Christian. Yes, I know Tebow was here. But not sure how that translates to the culture at UF and how comfortable his family would be with a move to UF from Mississippi. From what I know I don't think Freeze comes to UF.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n111737 said:
Art briles! !!

oxrageous;n111733 said:
Let's keep this thread to the discussion of the pros and cons of Hugh Freeze only. I left the other thread open for speculation on other candidates.

Can't you read? :banned:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111733 said:

There's zero cons to freeze imo

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
He cried after at least one game this year. That shows he puts it all there, so that's a pro. Con is he can't join my wolf pack. No criers allowed.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n111723 said:
If these are really the top targets, I like them.

Always a special feeling when we agree on something :lol:. I think Freeze will be tempted...I think his family will have to buy in to the move.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be happy with Freeze. He's done a solid job at Ole Miss and has recruited lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.