***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112233 said:
Freeze is one of the hot names this year. Every year there is a new hot name. It's not like Donovan in that regard. Freeze is a current head coach with national media tossing his salad when ever possible. Donovan was a hot assisstant under and established coach who the national media loved.

How long was he at Marshall as coach?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n112244 said:
I thought this only happened in prison?

Isn't living in Mississippi like living in prison? Who goes there by choice?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n112245 said:
How long was he at Marshall as coach?

Fever, you are accurate, he was at Marshall, for some reason I thought he had gone back to Kentucky before taking the Florida job.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112248 said:
Fever, you are accurate, he was at Marshall, for some reason I thought he had gone back to Kentucky before taking the Florida job.

I really don't remember how much his name came up back then.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
G8RNGA;n112221 said:
Originally posted by NCOGator
I think he would be an upgrade without a doubt. However, I think there are better names out there and I don't beleive that he is going to leave his "dream job". I look at it like this. This would be almost as congruent as SOS leaving Floridia in 1998 to coach Texas and "rebuild" their program.

I know what you mean, but the difference is that SOS had won a few SEC Championships and a NC by that date - something he will struggle to do at Ole Miss even one time let alone multiple times.

Good point about the SECCs and the NC. However, why leave if you are him? Let us say that Ole Miss has a bad year at 7-5 what happens to him? Nothing more than likely even if he did that 3 years in a row, but if he were to come here and do that he would be on "the hot seat". He is in a win win there at Ole Miss, and if I were him I would stay put.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;112251 said:
Good point about the SECCs and the NC. However, why leave if you are him? Let us say that Ole Miss has a bad year at 7-5 what happens to him? Nothing more than likely even if he did that 3 years in a row, but if he were to come here and do that he would be on "the hot seat". He is in a win win there at Ole Miss, and I were him I would stay put.
Yeah, no disagreement from me! I think it comes down to whether he's like a Meyer who felt the need to "climb the mountain". Most of these guys have egos that need stroking. Maybe he's not one. We'll see!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n112250 said:
I really don't remember how much his name came up back then.

I don't remember his name at all back then, but then again living in Gainesville at the time the local media was all football.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The possibility to play for NC's would probably be the only thing that might get Freeze to jump ship but he comes off as someone who would rather just stay put at Ole Miss to me.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Don't you think that everyone has a different view of their "hometown"? I have a buddy who has never left Lakeland minus a couple of years of college in Chattanooga. He is, and has always been, supremely comfortable there. I left town after finishing school and have never lived there since. It doesn't a significant emotional pull for me.

Time will tell if the appeal of Oxford outweighs the pull of more appealing coaching opportunities for Freeze. Of course, if his connection to Oxford is really strong then other coaching opportunities may not seem more appealing to him.

From a football standpoint he is always going to face an uphill struggle to be the top dog in the SEC West. As has been stated, he will probably have seasons where they have the resources to win but Ole Miss is not going to be LSU or Alabama year in, year out, no matter the head coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure Freeze loves Mississippi. No one doubts that. It all depends on his goals as a head coach. If he wants to hoist trophies and build a real legacy, UF is obviously a no-brainer choice.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think the fact that we have caught him early in his college coaching career may help us land him. More likely to be driven to reach the pinnacle in his professional career. Little young to be settling in where he's comfortable and riding out the string. Also in his comments from Monday, nowhere did he say it was his dream job and couldn't be moved.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112287 said:
I'm sure Freeze loves Mississippi. No one doubts that. It all depends on his goals as a head coach. If he wants to hoist trophies and build a real legacy, UF is obviously a no-brainer choice.

Unless he believes he can make Ole Miss a annual challenger for the National Title (dilusional). His legacy would be 10x of what he could do that, compared to doing it at Florida.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The opportunity to coach one of the top programs is not there often. Need to strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n112186 said:
I think its pretty widely considered that Ole Miss has the best looking girls in the SEC.

Sounds like a possible landing destination for Bobby Petrino is Freeze leaves.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n112316 said:
Sounds like a possible landing destination for Bobby Petrino is Freeze leaves.

Louisville put a big buyout for Patrino this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator