***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Apparently he can coach women's bball. Maybe he could do both at UF?

"While at Briarcrest, Freeze also coached the girl's basketball team from 1992-2004, and actually had more success in this role, with an overall record of 305-63 (.829 winning percentage), seven straight championship appearances, and four titles"

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I'd leave Mississippi for less money. Might be the worst state in the union. Usually battling bama for top spot in worst public education and childhood obesity. Place is over run with a narrow minded population. Oxford may be nice, but the state as a whole is a terrible place.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Well its been hell for 4 years here and it also froze last night so it's a done deal.
Bullag8r;n112360 said:
This just in . . .

I just spoke with a Bull-Gator who I have known for many years. A good friend of his is a good friend of Coach and Mrs Freeze. Mrs. Freeze very recently told them that "hell would freeze over before they would leave Mississippi"

for what its worth

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n112387 said:
I'd leave Mississippi for less money. Might be the worst state in the union. Usually battling bama for top spot in worst public education and childhood obesity. Place is over run with a narrow minded population. Oxford may be nice, but the state as a whole is a terrible place.

Uhhhh...he's from there and like someone said Christian conservative. He might be one of those narrow minded...lol. Or not...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n112373 said:
Mrs. Freeze would certainly be ice cold about their move to Gainesville, but I think once he showed her his first paycheck, she'd thaw out a little bit.

Like 99.999% of the female population

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Slive told Foley he better not mess with SEC head coaches.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n112407 said:
:burn:

Slive is quitting. I'm sure the only thing he cares about right now is his golden parachute.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n112407 said:
Well Slive can go do things to himself that aren't kosher.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111724 said:
It's believed that Freeze can be persuaded.

Ox, I sure hope so . . . he's proven to be an excellent recruiter, and he's developed a high-octane offense over there at Ole Piss. I think he would attract recruits and keep the current ones, as well as invigorate the mordant Gator Nation. Let's hope that this is really true.

One word of caution that all on the board have to remember - we (Foley) cannot talk directly to another coach until after that coach's regular season has ended. For Ole Piss, who is not going to the SECCG, that is after next Saturday's Egg Bowl vs Miss St. So . . . we still have to wait, but maybe not that long. However, it could be as soon as the week after Thanksgiving.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;112458 said:
Ox, I sure hope so . . . he's proven to be an excellent recruiter, and he's developed a high-octane offense over there at Ole Piss. I think he would attract recruits and keep the current ones, as well as invigorate the mordant Gator Nation. Let's hope that this is really true.

One word of caution that all on the board have to remember - we (Foley) cannot talk directly to another coach until after that coach's regular season has ended. For Ole Piss, who is not going to the SECCG, that is after next Saturday's Egg Bowl vs Miss St. So . . . we still have to wait, but maybe not that long. However, it could be as soon as the week after Thanksgiving.
He could talk to his agent who then talks to Freeze. There are ways around this. I wouldn't be surprised if Foley's announcement is right before the SECCG or Heisman as someone else pointed out. National television audience that has the talking heads taking up time discussing the hire!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;112458 said:

I'm sure that they're have been either been agents or some type of intermediaries that have reached out and discussed this. At least to gauge interest.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n111774 said:
Doug Dickey Tennessee to Florida

Gee, now you're making me feel old, LOL. BTW, we play Ole Piss at home next year as our rotating West team. Wouldn't THAT be interesting if Freeze were on OUR side of the field, "freezing" the Rebels?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n112459 said:
He could talk to his agent who then talks to Freeze. There are ways around this. I wouldn't be surprised if Foley's announcement is right before the SECCG or Heisman as someone else pointed out. National television audience that has the talking heads taking up time discussing the hire!

Didn't Foley announce Muschamp right before the SECCG, thus stealing the news media from whoever was playing in it? Or was it right before the Heisman ceremony? I know it was one or the other.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;112464 said:
Didn't Foley announce Muschamp right before the SECCG, thus stealing the news media from whoever was playing in it? Or was it right before the Heisman ceremony? I know it was one or the other.
I was trying to remember if it was WM or Meyer, but I do recall this happening!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How long would it take for the private jet to get to Oxford? Because him and his family would have one at their disposal so going back and forth won't be a problem

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n112464 said:

I think it was the Heisman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator