***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Top target is Hugh Freeze Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n116459 said:
I'm looking forward for Gatorchatter getting the credit it deserves after the Freeze announcement.

Ox, I'll allow you to change my forum name to Ox's bit** if this comes to fruition and you are right.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n116468 said:
Ox, I'll allow you to change my forum name to Ox's bit** if this comes to fruition and you are right.
It's not me being right, it's my source being right. I wish I could tell you the whole story about how the information was obtained.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n116474 said:
It's not me being right, it's my source being right. I wish I could tell you the whole story about how the information was obtained.

Ox, are you hearing anything regarding Freeze's level of interest? Random Twitter rumors and other cite rumors expressing concerns that Freeze may be inclined to get a great raise from all this to stay at Ole Miss.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;116474 said:
chferg;n116468 said:
You can tell us how you got the info from him, we won't judge :hehehe:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Top target and making an offer doesn't mean he'll agree to it and accept. I would imagine something will break after this weekend if the offer is that good where a counter from Ole Miss isn't attractive. I've read where their AD said its a $4M offer he's working on and wouldn't think UF would offer him much more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n116480 said:
Ox, are you hearing anything regarding Freeze's level of interest? Random Twitter rumors and other cite rumors expressing concerns that Freeze may be inclined to get a great raise from all this to stay at Ole Miss.
Stoopsing is always a concern.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n116480 said:
All I was told is that everyone was pretty convinced that Freeze could be persuaded - to the point that other candidates weren't even discussed during this conversation.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So Foley went against everything he said about not contacting coaches during the regular season and disrupting their program?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n116489 said:
So Foley went against everything he said about not contacting coaches during the regular season and disrupting their program?
That's what agents are for, Dan. No one said Foley spoke to Freeze or Stoops directly.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
oxrageous;n116493 said:
That's what agents are for, Dan. No one said Foley spoke to Freeze or Stoops directly.

Understood. I just doubt it would be announced. I do believe hes probably our next coach though...

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n116489 said:

You disrupt seasons when you make a public spectacle about who you are talking to, see Tennessee's last three coaching searches as perfect examples. Foley having conversations with representatives is most certainly already happening. Keep in mind, he's also fielding calls from reps himself, it's already widely-reported that Mike Gundy's people have reached out for Foley, it's also reported that Dabo Swinney's people have as well, among others.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Ole Miss once against is struggling down the stretch. I think Freeze is realizing that he will not be able to assemble a depth of roster to make it through the SEC meat grinder. If he wants to build a team that can sustain itself throughout the season he better jump on that Florida offer if presented. Tough to compete week in and week out without a quality 2 deep.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More talent available, an easier division to win consistently, more money, and better all around amenities. I'd take it in a heartbeat. Oh and no state tax so money goes further.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze is a toss-up. 10-13 overall SEC record to this point isn't exactly stellar.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you can't really call a coach stumbling to the finish line a "splash". I think we'll end up seeing the same brand of football under Freeze as Muschamp. Sure he'll throw it more, but he'll try to recreate the defense he has this year. I just can't get excited about Freeze, not in the least.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I do NOT like even the thought of dumbass Dabo running the show, that rumor seems to be gaining steam again.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
My one concern with Freeze is he has yet to develop a consistent running attack. He is very dependent on Wallace in his run scheme. Maybe he can cure that by recruiting the state.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think Freeze is fools gold. We're supposed to feel good about a hire that is predicated on a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" and I just can't feel real good about that, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.