Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n116535 said:
I think Freeze is fools gold. We're supposed to feel good about a hire that is predicated on a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" and I just can't feel real good about that, sorry.
We could do better than Freeze. We could also do one hell of a lot worse. The fact is we don't know how good he'll be until he gets rolling. Muschamp was a much, much bigger risk when he was hired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious that it's the Muschimpers who are negative toward Freeze.

What a strange cult for an abject failure of a coach. I won't be surprised if many of these follow Chimp to his next DC job.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ocala took the words right out of my mouth. Too many "ifs and maybes" like Ocala said. If freeze had a longer D1 history, then maybe. I afraid he could be a "flash in a pan".

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Once again, those opposing Freeze should go back and look at Ole Miss before his arrival. They were getting trounced, the two prior seasons they were 1-15 in the SEC, the season before his arrival, they were 0-8 with an average losing score of 40-12. He took them from complete ineptness to competitive to respected to contenders. His ability to recruit absolute studs at Ole Miss is perhaps the most impressive thing. I think Freeze would be an outstanding hire.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Freeze is our next coach then I'll be supporting him 100%. He doesn't get me super excited, but I like him better than some other guys that I think it could be... He would be a big name hire and probably salvage the recruiting class which would be a big start.

I figure we got about 3.5 more weeks until we know something...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n116634 said:
I figure we got about 3.5 more weeks until we know something...
Circle December 8th on your calendar.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now you've got me worried. I've heard the 7th or 8th. Not who just the date.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The Original DC;n116566 said:
Once again, those opposing Freeze should go back and look at Ole Miss before his arrival. They were getting trounced, the two prior seasons they were 1-15 in the SEC, the season before his arrival, they were 0-8 with an average losing score of 40-12. He took them from complete ineptness to competitive to respected to contenders. His ability to recruit absolute studs at Ole Miss is perhaps the most impressive thing. I think Freeze would be an outstanding hire.

3-5. 3-5. 4-3 (probably 4-4). That's what he took them to, and that's what we know about his ability in the SEC. I'm not sure what they are contenders for, but ok. I get that some of you think he's the hottest stock on the market right now, some of us don't, and that throwing statistics back and forth isn't likely to change anybody's minds. If his team beats Mississippi State Saturday maybe I'll feel a lot better about it, winning cures a lot of ills.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n116655 said:
3-5. 3-5. 4-3 (probably 4-4). That's what he took them to, and that's what we know about his ability in the SEC. I'm not sure what they are contenders for, but ok. I get that some of you think he's the hottest stock on the market right now, some of us don't, and that throwing statistics back and forth isn't likely to change anybody's minds. If his team beats Mississippi State Saturday maybe I'll feel a lot better about it, winning cures a lot of ills.
I honestly don't see anyone gushing over Freeze as the "hottest stock on the market". You may be jumping at shadows. I don't think he's the total bum you seem to, though. It's not easy to win at Mississippi.

Does the win vs. Bama not count to you?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n116650 said:
That's my prediction on the announcement date.
Is this something you've heard or just a prediction?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n116656 said:
I honestly don't see anyone gushing over Freeze as the "hottest stock on the market".
Considering what the market is I'd say he is one of the hottest stocks

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n116658 said:
Is this something you've heard or just a prediction?
I'm taking the 5th on that one.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you must've forgot unless a coach has won every game his last 5 years they're no good :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb