***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Top target is Hugh Freeze Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MJMGator;n117725 said:
You stated Freeze is a loser. Don't you have to have a losing record to be a loser? Then you said in that sense it would be a typical Foley hire. What am I missing?
He has a winning record OVERALL and a losing record in the SEC. Is it really that complicated? Kind of like Muschamp. Bad SEC record, marginal overall record.

Stoops or someone with a proven record in a Big 5 conference would be a safe hire. Foley hasn't landed anyone like that. He tends to hire on potential which I think this hire would be.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n117850 said:
Oh no, after all this I fully expect Freeze to win no less than 11 games if he comes here. I mean he is the "Chosen One" so if Muschamp won 11 in his 2nd year then Freeze has to do it in his 1st year....BTW, I think your wrong about Bielema not fitting in here. I mean who doesn't love a big beer swilling, brat eating former lineman.....he also has a naughty looking little wife.

Bielema commits one of the Seven deadly sins around here : He runs the ball a lot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117862 said:
The role reversals on here are amazing, huh. Next I'm gonna be hearing how Muschamp left the program...."broken" and the "cupboard bare"...The Freeze pumpers will do everything they can to make his 6-6 season acceptable.
My God man, you've really lost it. You are seeing things that aren't there. I can't figure out whether all this weird exaggeration is intentional or you really believe what you're typing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well one thing is for sure. WM was on the record stating that the cupboards are not bare at UF and told the team to "do their jobs" and give "the next guy a chance".

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have yet to hear one person say Freeze is their top choice. Not one. We are all subject to Foleys hire and have zero to do with it. Most of us have hope that he gets it right and will get behind Freeze if he is hired. Nobody knows if he will be successful here or not but we sure do hope so. You know, like we were when the big loser was hired.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117862 said:
The Freeze pumpers...

CaineThing, you keep reciting that term over and over all you want. I don't think it's ready to catch on just yet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n117875 said:
My God man, you've really lost it. You are seeing things that aren't there. I can't figure out whether all this weird exaggeration is intentional or you really believe what you're typing.

Ox, you said yourself "we've already won".....Won what ??? You're either delusional that Freeze is some kind of SOS type savior to the program or just giddy because your source, probably you, might be right about Freeze, right ? Tell the truth man.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117894 said:
Ox, you said yourself "we've already won".....Won what ??? You're either delusional that Freeze is some kind of SOS type savior to the program or just giddy because your source, probably you, might be right about Freeze, right ? Tell the truth man.
My opinion is that Muschamp is one of the worst coaches in the country. It's addition by subtraction. I'm thrilled the administration decided to go in a different direction. I have no idea whether or not Freeze could lead UF to titles....but I sure as hell knew Muschamp couldn't. So in that aspect we've "won". I think Freeze is a bright mind and good recruiter. Muschamp was neither.

My source is a real person that approached ME, and the implication I'm making up information is genuinely insulting to me, man. Whether or not I'm "right" isn't something I'm losing sleep over. Time is going to tell. You desperately don't want it to be Freeze, so you just dismiss any smoke around him as BS. It isn't BS, and deep down you know it. I'm not the only one talking about Hugh Freeze.

Whoever is hired, I'm going to give them a chance before assuming they suck. I think someone like Hugh Freeze could salvage this disaster of a recruiting class in a hurry.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
gatormandan;n117882 said:
I have yet to hear one person say Freeze is their top choice. Not one. We are all subject to Foleys hire and have zero to do with it. Most of us have hope that he gets it right and will get behind Freeze if he is hired. Nobody knows if he will be successful here or not but we sure do hope so. You know, like we were when the big loser was hired.

That's the point Dan. If you look at the body of work for both there's not much difference. So why if he's not the top choice then aren't more people questioning it. My point is when I point these things out everyone assumes I'm the idiot.... doesn't make much sense to me. It's a sports message board where we are supposed to discuss these things. I know Ox or none of us controls this hire. The point is we are here to discuss the whys and why nots.
Let me end by asking this question. If at the end of his third year at UF Freeze is 8-4,after starting 7-0 and has the same overall record he does now how are you and everyone else going to feel about him then ? My response is no different than we feel about Muschamp now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n117884 said:
CaineThing, you keep reciting that term over and over all you want. I don't think it's ready to catch on just yet.

Wow must be bad when you want to be Law's mini me.....If you want to talk about sports lets do it.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I am going to fully support whomever Foley hires, but Im not a big fan of hiring Freeze either. No specifics as to why, I just have a gut feeling that the results would be largely mediocre at best.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coach9;n117865 said:
Bielema commits one of the Seven deadly sins around here : He runs the ball a lot.

Yes, we musn't speak of these things around here, Savior Freeze will have his disciples remove any post suggesting anything other than the forward pass.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n117903 said:
Yes, we musn't speak of these things around here, Savior Freeze will have his disciples remove any post suggesting anything other than the forward pass.

You've become as obstinate as wobble when it comes to arguments. We all just need to chill until an actual coach is named. All this differing speculation leads to people attacking others. For the record I don't care who is hired just that they rally the base

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatormac2112;n117902 said:
I am going to fully support whomever Foley hires, but Im not a big fan of hiring Freeze either. No specifics as to why, I just have a gut feeling that the results would be largely mediocre at best.

Damn, a calm level headed response based on a gut feeling...Now if you backed that up with a couple of facts you too could be called an idiot:dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117908 said:
Damn, a calm level headed response based on a gut feeling...Now if you backed that up with a couple of facts you too could be called an idiot:dunno:
You mean like the fact that Bielema is 2-13 in SEC games? You haven't made a "calm, level-headed response" in this entire thread.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n117910 said:
You mean like the fact that Bielema is 2-13 in SEC games? You haven't made a "calm, level-headed response" in this entire thread.

lol

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117859 said:
People have been ragging Humpty and Murphy for 2 yrs and now they are tragic defections???? Really? No.....no no no no no. Are you really making excuses for the new coach already? Come 'on man

You are saying we will be deep at O linemen. Where is that coming from? Aren't we losing Brown, Garcia and Greene for sure and I think Humphries is crazy enough to try his luck. Where are you getting this great depth from and tell me how our offense stacks up on paper to the other top SEC teams next season. I am just saying to proclaim a 9 win minimum is nuts with our schedule and talent on offense right now. I know we like to do that but it may not be true reality.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been pretty quiet in this discussion so far and that's mostly because I know I have zero say in who gets hired. I also feel like almost anyone would be better than who we currently have at HC (coaching wise, I think WM has done an outstanding job of cleaning the program up academically and off field incident wise). That said, I also don't feel Freeze is the "Big Splash" hire we need to turn this year's recruiting class into something special, and we NEED a special recruiting class this year desperately. I feel pretty sure Freeze would make us competitive again, but I just don't get the feeling he's a championship type of guy. Either way, Foley is going to hire somebody and I really have no choice but to accept who he hires and see what happens so it seems fairly pointless to get all twisted up in a knot over it. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator