***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Top target is Hugh Freeze Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n117897 said:
I think Freeze is a bright mind and good recruiter. Muschamp was neither.

My source is a real person that approached ME, and the implication I'm making up information is genuinely insulting to me, man. Whether or not I'm "right" isn't something I'm losing sleep over. Time is going to tell. You desperately don't want it to be Freeze, so you just dismiss any smoke around him as BS. It isn't BS, and deep down you know it. I'm not the only one talking about Hugh Freeze.
Dude, have you looked at the overall recruiting rankings by schools over the last 4 years. We have the 2nd highest ranked roster(tied with FSU) in CFB. I believe Muschamp did recruit better than Freeze in that time period.
Your right, I desperately don't want Freeze to be the new coach. I think your right that he has been contacted and may be our next coach. All I'm doing is pointing out the obvious and discussing my opinion on a sports message board. I feel Freeze is average at best and not good enough for UF. Yes, I'm glad that Foley finally did what he should have done after last year but I don't want to be an average team. There are better people out there IMO.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n117916 said:
You are saying we will be deep at O linemen. Where is that coming from? Aren't we losing Brown, Garcia and Greene for sure and I think Humphries is crazy enough to try his luck. Where are you getting this great depth from and tell me how our offense stacks up on paper to the other top SEC teams next season. I am just saying to proclaim a 9 win minimum is nuts with our schedule and talent on offense right now. I know we like to do that but it may not be true reality.

Look at the roster and you'll see depth. Sharpe and Johnson will likely be better than Humpty and Green, Thurman at center will be on par with Garcia, and we'll find a couple guards from the pool, plenty of young talent. LB IS a concern on D

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n117910 said:
You mean like the fact that Bielema is 2-13 in SEC games? You haven't made a "calm, level-headed response" in this entire thread.

Or the fact that Freeze is below .500 in SEC play and just got the Schlitz beat out of him at the hands of Bielema.....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n117897 said:
My opinion is that Muschamp is one of the worst coaches in the country. It's addition by subtraction. I'm thrilled the administration decided to go in a different direction. I have no idea whether or not Freeze could lead UF to titles....but I sure as hell knew Muschamp couldn't. So in that aspect we've "won". I think Freeze is a bright mind and good recruiter. Muschamp was neither.

My source is a real person that approached ME, and the implication I'm making up information is genuinely insulting to me, man. Whether or not I'm "right" isn't something I'm losing sleep over. Time is going to tell. You desperately don't want it to be Freeze, so you just dismiss any smoke around him as BS. It isn't BS, and deep down you know it. I'm not the only one talking about Hugh Freeze.

Whoever is hired, I'm going to give them a chance before assuming they suck. I think someone like Hugh Freeze could salvage this disaster of a recruiting class in a hurry.

did you ever ask why someone would approach you to give you info that could get someone fired if leaked? Or are you so self involved that you just accepted it without question?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117921 said:
Look at the roster and you'll see depth. Sharpe and Johnson will likely be better than Humpty and Green, Thurman at center will be on par with Garcia, and we'll find a couple guards from the pool, plenty of young talent. LB IS a concern on D

Thurman? I see a couple of guys that should be good but that is it. O line is definitely a big if next season depending on how some new starters play. This is a discussion for later anyway as any new coach always gets the first year as a freebie just like Muschamp did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator