BREAKING: Suspended Players Offered Pre-Trial Intervention

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Prefer that the consequences of their criminal actions be that they do not get to remain Florida Gators. (Don't forget the unwanted media fountains telling on national TV. We want that story to be about our dynamic turnaround due to Stricklin's brilliant HC hire.)

They can play for Kiffin.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: #Gators WR Rick Wells has pre-trial diversion case accepted, Alachua County court records show. Case listed "closed".

@GrahamHall_: #Gators RB Jordan Scarlett has pre-trial case accepted, Alachua County court records show. Case also listed "closed" - no docs uploaded yet.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: #Gators WR Rick Wells has pre-trial diversion case accepted, Alachua County court records show. Case listed "closed".

@GrahamHall_: #Gators RB Jordan Scarlett has pre-trial case accepted, Alachua County court records show. Case also listed "closed" - no docs uploaded yet.

It will be interesting to see if these guys rejoin the team. I'm sure there is stuff at the university level that needs to be done... not to mention these guys are not in football shape. Could they get a redshirt for this year? I would imagine a guy like Scarlett who hasn't redshirted could do that...?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see if these guys rejoin the team. I'm sure there is stuff at the university level that needs to be done... not to mention these guys are not in football shape. Could they get a redshirt for this year? I would imagine a guy like Scarlett who hasn't redshirted could do that...?
Sure. They didnt play, so they can redshirt.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@TreyW_Radio: Pre-Trial diversion has been agreed upon by the Judge in the Jordan Scarlett CC Fraud case. Here are details of agreement #Gators

@TreyW_Radio: Pre-Trial diversion has been agreed upon by the Judge in the Jordan Scarlett CC Fraud case. Here are details of agreement #Gators

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it were me I wouldn't take them back

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather move on. This was a conspiracy. Don't need the bad apples.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
None are playing this year. All still have UF code of conduct type issues. I am in favor of second chances for some, but it will be up to the next HBC to decide. For those who want none back are you going to complain if our scholarships are below the limit for some time?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The next coach will send them packing. He needs to set the tone right off the bat, and he will. Assuming we hire a HC worth his salt.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If it were me I wouldn't take them back

I don't get this view. Spurrier took back Jabar Gaffney which I viewed as far more controversial. Wilbur Marshall after his had problems early in his UF carreer and Pell brought him back. I think they should all be offered a chance to come back but of course be on thin ice with the program and UF.

Heck there is a good chance that with a new decent coach this year away will make Callaway a lot of money and this issue turns out a fortunate situation for him. Scarlet on the other hand may have been passed by the Perine and Davis so it may have hurt him. In the long run these suspension mean little for UF's program other than UF is still handling things correctly (or maybe back to handing things correctly after the Meyer deviation) and as much discussed here these suspension have had little short run impact on the program.

Maybe more to the point as like these kids it is an example of a kid in trouble under one staff getting a second chance under another, Spurrier gave a second chance to Tony McCoy who got in far more embarrassing trouble at the end of the Hall year:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...848_1_uf-coach-football-career-coaches-didn-t

Sure this situation is different as these guys were convicted. I doubt today if UF could even keep McCoy around despite the recanting, but who knows.

McCoy's second chance seems to have worked out so far:

wikipedia said:
McCoy returned to Gainesville after his NFL career was over and completed his bachelor's degree in sociology in 2001.

The Indianapolis Colts chose McCoy in the fourth round (105th pick overall) in the 1992 NFL Draft, and he played for the Colts for eight seasons from 1992 to 1999. He played his final NFL season for the Arizona Cardinals in 2000. In his nine-year NFL career, McCoy started seventy-nine of 114 games in which he played, and finished his professional career with twenty-three quarterback sacks and three recovered fumbles.

McCoy received his minister's icense through the United Christian Church and Ministerial Association in 1996. He currently serves as the senior pastor of Hope International Church, a non-denominational Christian church located in Groveland, Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_McCoy_(American_football)#College_career

Hope International Church said:
IMG_2055.jpg

Pastor Tony Mccoy
Senior Pastor
Tony McCoy is the Senior Pastor of Hope International Church, affectionately known as “The Real Church”, located in Groveland, Florida. As Pastor, he brings creative and innovative vision with an “out of the box” approach for ministering to all cultures and age groups. Since beginning his pastorialship in 2004, he has watched the congregation grow from 5 to over 600 members. Pastor Tony was born and raised in Orlando, Florida and is the oldest of four children and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Florida. He went on to get his ministers license in 1996, through the United Christian Church and Ministerial Association. Pastor Tony is also a retired ten-year veteran of the National Football League. Drafted in the fourth round in 1991 by the Indianapolis Colts, he enjoyed 8 years of success and later went on to sign a two-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals. During his professional career he had the joy of leading many of his teammates into a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Pastor Tony and Jodie married in 1993 and their union has produced 3 children: Khrystyna, TJ and Isaiah. Pastor experienced many hardships in his life, which allows him to relate well with other people. Through the guidance of Christ and a supportive family, Pastor Tony was able to surpass many everyday obstacles that individuals experience today. His desire is to teach others so that through Christ, they too can surpass the enemy’s obstacles of drugs, crime, poverty and unfulfilled relationships. Even in light of receiving many awards, Pastor Tony records his salvation and his family as his greatest achievement. As you listen to him, you will notice that he speaks with compassion and power, while bringing the bible into focus with today’s challenges.

http://www.gohopechurch.com/about/

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get this view. Spurrier took back Jabar Gaffney which I viewed as far more controversial. Wilbur Marshall after his had problems early in his UF carreer and Pell brought him back. I think they should all be offered a chance to come back but of course be on thin ice with the program and UF.

Heck there is a good chance that with a new decent coach this year away will make Callaway a lot of money and this issue turns out a fortunate situation for him. Scarlet on the other hand may have been passed by the Perine and Davis so it may have hurt him. In the long run these suspension mean little for UF's program other than UF is still handling things correctly (or maybe back to handing things correctly after the Meyer deviation) and as much discussed here these suspension have had little short run impact on the program.

Everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Both of these knuckleheads already burnt their first chance and then went out and screwed up again. This time in an embarrassingly huge way for the university.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That's fine and you don't have to agree. For me they failed the school, the team, the fans, and themselves. Some more than once, some more than twice. If I did stuff like this at my job I'd be canned. They aren't kids anymore and need to live with the consequences. I'm not sure they understand how lucky they are.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That's fine and you don't have to agree. For me they failed the school, the team, the fans, and themselves. Some more than once, some more than twice. If I did stuff like this at my job I'd be canned. They aren't kids anymore and need to live with the consequences. I'm not sure they understand how lucky they are.

Everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Both of these knuckleheads already burnt their first chance and then went out and screwed up again. This time in an embarrassingly huge way for the university.

Sorry guys, that I added the McCoy example while you were replying. I do agree that everyone is welcome to their own opinions on this group.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry guys, that I added the McCoy example while you were replying. I do agree that everyone is welcome to their own opinions on this group.

Again, Apples to Oranges. 2nd chances are one thing. 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances are another thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator