Breakout Stars

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Pick two breakout stars this year: one from offense and one from defense.
My picks
Defense: jeremiah Moon (freakish measurables)
Offense: Brett Heggie ( has that workers mentality, great team guy)

Honorable mention
Defense: Slaton
Offense: Toney

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm guessing we have a secondary player have a surprise season (due to the talent we lost, including Harris going down w/ the achilles injury).

Also, I'm hoping we something from Massey....if anything, in the return game (Please God, don't ever let Brandon Powell return a kick ever, ever, ever again!).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Also, I'm hoping we something from Massey....if anything, in the return game (Please God, don't ever let Brandon Powell return a kick ever, ever, ever again!).

I also hope to see Massey emerge this year. Don't know if he will be gun shy on ST given it cost him last year. As to BP....he wasn't the one who downed punts inside the 5 and dropped a third, I don't believe. Drawing a blank on who, exactly, that was.

For defense, I'm going to go with Vosean Joseph. After the hit he put on the LSU QB, I'm expecting he is going to be looking to knock the remaining teefs out of some Voluntard heads. Either VJ, or perhaps Lacedrick Brunson as an understarred guy proving 'experts' wrong.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I also hope to see Massey emerge this year. Don't know if he will be gun shy on ST given it cost him last year. As to BP....he wasn't the one who downed punts inside the 5 and dropped a third, I don't believe. Drawing a blank on who, exactly, that was.

For defense, I'm going to go with Vosean Joseph. After the hit he put on the LSU QB, I'm expecting he is going to be looking to knock the remaining teefs out of some Voluntard heads. Either VJ, or perhaps Lacedrick Brunson as an understarred guy proving 'experts' wrong.

BP is our Kick Returner.....Callaway is our Punt Returner. Those are two different positions. If Callaway figures out when to fair catch and where to fair catch (or let it go into the EZ), I think we're fine.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016

IMO, Brunson could be a real player here. He's already surprised many people by coming in with decent size.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
BP is our Kick Returner.....Callaway is our Punt Returner. Those are two different positions. If Callaway figures out when to fair catch and where to fair catch (or let it go into the EZ), I think we're fine.
Can we try to get Toney in at kick returner too? He can fly

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only problem with that is, the only real report I've heard regarding him as a receiver was that he was struggling holding onto the ball. Imagine trying to catch a kick? :lol:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
The only problem with that is, the only real report I've heard regarding him as a receiver was that he was struggling holding onto the ball. Imagine trying to catch a kick? :lol:
Here's the thing with those reports. They see the first like 10-15min and thats it. They dont get to see the other hour and a half. So, while there can be some info, I really wouldnt read too too much into that in my opinion.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Offense: Cleveland - The guy has star written all over him.

Defense: Slaton - Go put on the army all-American game. While he played o-line, 360 pound men have no business moving like that. He was sick. His raw talent will make him a dominant run defender as a freshman.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the thing with those reports. They see the first like 10-15min and thats it. They dont get to see the other hour and a half. So, while there can be some info, I really wouldnt read too too much into that in my opinion.

We'll see I guess, but I didn't get the impression he was going to see much time as a receiver from what I heard.:lol:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016

Defense: Slaton - Go put on the army all-American game. While he played o-line, 360 pound men have no business moving like that. He was sick. His raw talent will make him a dominant run defender as a freshman.
Slaton has NFL potential imo. He could be really really good.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
We'll see I guess, but I didn't get the impression he was going to see much time as a receiver from what I heard.:lol:
Yea, I honestly don't know. I'd assume that he plays in some capacity, but I'm not sure how they want to use him, who knows

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I got Cleveland and Taylor at S

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Defense: jeremiah Moon (freakish measurables)
Moon wont be on the field. We have about 7 kids lined up trying to play that one skinny outside LB slot.

My picks..... two guys I didn't like in years gone by:

Riles
Taven Bryan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members