Brent Musberger Retiring at the End of the Month

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Wouldn't you just love to put Brent and Verne together in the booth?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We're gonna miss all these old dudes. Can Brent take Jesse Palmer with him?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Better than some broadcasters, wish him well in retirement. Who'da thunk Verne and Mushberger in the same year. Now if we can just get recruiting to pay off.

:bananadance:

And yet, the worst of the very worst, Dick Vitale continues to ruin college basketball for most avid fans of the game.
Can we get somebody to sit down with him and convince him it is time? Please?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They probably won't because I think he's a FOX or CBS guy, but they should replace Musberger with Gus Johnson. He's hands down the most exciting commentator in the business. The guy absolutely loses his **** every time there's a touchdown. It's fantastic :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They probably won't because I think he's a FOX or CBS guy, but they should replace Musberger with Gus Johnson. He's hands down the most exciting commentator in the business. The guy absolutely loses his **** every time there's a touchdown. It's fantastic :lol:

Wtf? Where have you been?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gus Johnson is a legend, but unfortunately he's with Fox right now. A small part of me died when he left CBS, he was the best part of March Madness.

Jun 2, 2015
Actually, I believe he berated Miami for being a bunch of coke snorting, 'roid pumping, whore humping, girl thumping, chest bumping, english language mauling miscreants.

No offense.

Divits, no offense taken, 'cause you have to admit, regardless, we were pretty good on the football field. I am looking forward to getting back to the glory days, but with our current choir boys with Rev. Richt leading the choir. We are currently 13th in recruiting and it is anticipated that we will end up in the top 10. What would top it off would be for us to get a couple of FSU flips.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
saw he is helping to start up a Network devoted to Sports Betting. Which is perfect for him. He always slipped in scores that messed with the spread or the over/under.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Divits, no offense taken, 'cause you have to admit, regardless, we were pretty good on the football field. I am looking forward to getting back to the glory days, but with our current choir boys with Rev. Richt leading the choir. We are currently 13th in recruiting and it is anticipated that we will end up in the top 10. What would top it off would be for us to get a couple of FSU flips.

I hope it works out for you but remember, Richt always pulled in good talent at Ga. He always had a hard time winning.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So if I understand your post, you are saying that it is more difficult to win games when you play by the rules to some extent and sign players with some morals?
FSU disagrees, they say you just don't have that same cache you used to have.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it works out for you but remember, Richt always pulled in good talent at Ga. He always had a hard time winning.
As a head coach he's 154-55. Not too shabby. He just lacked the big wins at the end of the season (i.e. SEC Championship).
He lead the Dwags to 5 SEC East titles (two were a tie) in 15 years, so about 33% success rate. Again, not too shabby. But UGA let him go for a reason - couldn't take them any further (kind of like Andy Reid in the NFL).
Mac's currently 100% successful at winning the SEC East and we can't get rid of him fast enough. Sad, but unfortunately true.

Jun 2, 2015

Thanks gatormandan. Sometimes a coach can get re-energized in a new setting. Our defensive coordinator, Diaz, for instance worked miracles with the defense this past year.

Jun 2, 2015
So if I understand your post, you are saying that it is more difficult to win games when you play by the rules to some extent and sign players with some morals?
FSU disagrees, they say you just don't have that same cache you used to have.

Well, if you look @ FSU guess you could say that. However, that is not at all what I meant. I want to have a winning team who play by the book, are respectful, of good character, good students, etc. and still winners. A lot of 'Cane fans, particularly us older ones, did not enjoy our well-deserved reputation. But, if anyone can repair it, I put my faith in Richt. IMHO, he is the best thing to happen to our program regardless of wins or losses. I briefly met him years ago in a hotel elevator with his Mom when he was a back-up QB to Jim Kelly and was impressed how mature and respectful he was.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well, if you look @ FSU guess you could say that. However, that is not at all what I meant. I want to have a winning team who play by the book, are respectful, of good character, good students, etc. and still winners. A lot of 'Cane fans, particularly us older ones, did not enjoy our well-deserved reputation. But, if anyone can repair it, I put my faith in Richt. IMHO, he is the best thing to happen to our program regardless of wins or losses. I briefly met him years ago in a hotel elevator with his Mom when he was a back-up QB to Jim Kelly and was impressed how mature and respectful he was.

Well, I used to respect him until he allowed his whole team to charge our endzone and act like a bunch of blithering idiots. It was pre planned.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Posting this here too. (This is in regards to the Florida-Oklahoma basketball game today)

In all my years of watching sports, I have never heard the announcers talk less about the game they are supposed to be commentating on than this game. Good riddance Brent and please follow him, Dick.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Good riddance. I haven't liked him since the 80's when he soundly berated Miami for months and months for running up the score on Notre Dame (58 - 7) Of all universities, Notre Dame who consistently put up scores in excess of 50's to 70's on lesser teams. They had just never experienced the shoe on the other foot so-to-speak.

Wasn't Musburger the guy in the Catholic vs. Convicts 30 for 30 who was adamant that it was a fumble by Cleveland Gary rather than a touchdown. Regardless of what one thinks about Miami as a program, that was clearly a TD (TERRIBLE CALL BY THE REFS) and whichever joker announcer claimed otherwise, after watching replays of that play for upwards of 30 years, is biased, blind or both.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
But you do know Richt's gay don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator