Bret Bielema FIRED from Arkansas

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he's lived in and around Fayetteville for most of his life. I doubt he leaves Auburn though.

He should. One more bad year @ Awwburn and he’s probably done. He could get another 10 years at Arky and get paid the same.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wasn't Malzahn the long time head coach at Sprindale High that sent that highly rated QB to Ark and he became the OC at Ark b/c of that and other players going there? Can't remember the kid's name but think he ended up at USC after barely playing at Ark.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good one Donk.. Just could not recall the name but age is a primary factor. Either way, it appears Malzahn is wanted and apparently if he goes to ARK, he will have input into who the new AD might be, which would be huge. At AU, who knows, b/c it appears that ole Brucey has created another bball problem there to further enhance his image, so the AD hire might be out of Malzahn's hands.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
With all the coaching changes in the SEC it's going to get interesting particularly if some of the coaches don't get fired and additional jobs open up. We know Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas are open. Ole Miss is probably going to be open since Matt Luke is being seen as an interim. Kevin Sumlin is on shaky ground in College Station. He pulled one out last night in Oxford against an Ole Miss team that doesn't have a defense. If Mullen is hired somewhere else, if Malzahn leaves Auburn, it can all lead to a domino effect. And the walls came a tumbling down.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It certainly is. Spec is now centering on Malzahn to Arky, Kiffin to Auburn.
Some spec on Malzahn before this even happened. Isn’t Malzahn’s wife the crazy one that definitely wears the pants

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
As far as I can tell him being fired is just as official as our hire of kelly. That means not. It is probable, I heard him whine about a lack of bodies, we have a lack of bodies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep we will end up fighting Arkansas for Norvell or Mullen probably.
Yeah, youre nucking futs if you think UAA would consider hiring that azzhole Mullen. They were damn glad to get his azz out of the building last time.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah, next year was the year he was going to turn it around.

Every year.

His wife is probably pissed. Imagine that thing being home more often.
3114471.jpg

Neither one of them has a waist.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that Malzahn to Arky is somewhat of a step down. He'll accomplish more on the Plains then he ever will in Fayetteville.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The ONLY reason Malzahn would go to Arkansas is if he's unhappy at Auburn. It's absolutely a step down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb