Bret Bielema FIRED from Arkansas

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A step down is a HUGE understatement.....If that toilet could make Bert look this bad it would probably destroy any living coach in a matter of 2 years unless they decide to cheat again like they did with Nutt and Petrino.......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A step down is a HUGE understatement.....If that toilet could make Bert look this bad it would probably destroy any living coach in a matter of 2 years unless they decide to cheat again like they did with Nutt and Petrino.......
Every coach before and after Bert is a contender in the west.

What a gawdawful hire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that Malzahn to Arky is somewhat of a step down. He'll accomplish more on the Plains then he ever will in Fayetteville.
Mehhh, Barn threatens to fire him every year.

Arky obviously will keep even a terrible coach for many, many years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Every coach before and after Bert is a contender in the west.

What a gawdawful hire.
Contenders at least occasionally win titles...How many does the school have again? Despite the rampant cheating from Nutt and Petrino they produced none....So there is that as well as neither having any success against Saban and Nutt had the West when it was at a historically low level

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
The thread title is a lie. He has not been fired. At least I don't see it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Contenders at least occasionally win titles...How many does the school have again? Despite the rampant cheating from Nutt and Petrino they produced none....So there is that as well as neither having any success against Saban and Nutt had the West when it was at a historically low level

Rampant cheating from Nutt and Petrino? First I've heard of this. Do you have any info to back this up or are your feelings hurt that your hero did a crappy job and got let go?

They hired a guy with no recruiting ties or reputation in the South. This should be a surprise to no one. Your boy, Bert, will be fine once he's back in a school up north. This doesn't mean that Bert is a bad coach. He was just a bad fit for Arkansas and the SEC.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Rampant cheating from Nutt and Petrino? First I've heard of this. Do you have any info to back this up or are your feelings hurt that your hero did a crappy job and got let go?

They hired a guy with no recruiting ties or reputation in the South. This should be a surprise to no one. Your boy, Bert, will be fine once he's back in a school up north. This doesn't mean that Bert is a bad coach. He was just a bad fit for Arkansas and the SEC.
Nutt was dirty as sin and barely stayed out of the NCAA doghouse by the skin of his teeth the 10 years he was there. As I pointed out those 10 years saw the SEC West as a whole one of the worst divisions in all of CFB...Other than Saban's little uprising(2 or 3 years) at LSU they all pretty much stunk...It's no secret why Petrino was able to start being 3rd best:jerkit:... in the West, yeah 3rd best :lol2:(behind LSU and Bama and it wasn't all coaching..trust me..$$$$
I could really care a less about Bert other than the fact that he was a better coach than Butters to which most on this board thought I was crazy...It is fun though watching Law try and convince me that Arkansas is some kind of historically relevant CFB program...:lol:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I could really care a less about Bert other than the fact that he was a better coach than Butters to which most on this board thought I was crazy...

New avatar for you or Donkey?

7b7a93e184582e28add272bf3302ec46.jpg

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Huston Nutt .620 overall, .525 conference
Bobby Petrino .667 overall .533 conference

Bret Bielema .482 overall, .294 conference

Yeah he stunk it up pretty good.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Huston Nutt .620 overall, .525 conference
Bobby Petrino .667 overall .533 conference

Bret Bielema .482 overall, .294 conference

Yeah he stunk it up pretty good.
You're smart enough to know better than this....He had about 27 players, a lot of which were walk on's on the roster when he took over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.