Buckeye Fans want Urban gone

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not possible. Florida fans are the only fans ungrateful with high expectations. They are the only ones that are actual fanatics about their team. I heard it right here. PE, threat, 2222, aka, cuuf and plenty of others assured me of this.
Don't lump me in with that crowd. I've never said any such thing.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Not possible. Florida fans are the only fans ungrateful with high expectations. They are the only ones that are actual fanatics about their team. I heard it right here. PE, threat, 2222, aka, cuuf and plenty of others assured me of this.

You forgot every Florida and national media outlet.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You forgot Ancient Reptile.
I don't maintain that we are alone, my concern is that, having won recent national championships, the bamas and the bucknuts have an excuse for being spoiled. Given the level of football we've been playing, it's hard to fathom the reason for our arrogance.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
More on our attitude as UF fans: I always thought Thomas Jefferson had it calibrated perfectly. I used to have his statement appear with my posts. He said: "We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others without fearing it."
To me, that assertion bespeaks great strength and confidence. The breast beating some indulge in bespeaks weakness.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
First to ask: do we take him back?
Why in the name of all that is holy, would you ever do that? He is making the same mistakes there that he made at Florida. He can't control his locker room, there is little or no player development...particularly at QB, and his best players get preferential treatment which creates a divide on the team, and messes up team chemistry. At least y'all had Tebow as a stabilizing force for the time that he was here.
With Meyer, it's all excitement and excellent recruiting and a lot of winning early, that slowly starts to rot and turn to **** as the players begin to see who he really is. The result is a mess it will take someone else years to fix.
You haven't recovered from the mess he left last time and you would consider bringing him back? WOW.
Don't do it. We need a strong east to get back to showing these other wanna-be conferences exactly who owns college football.
Frost is your guy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the name of all that is holy, would you ever do that? He is making the same mistakes there that he made at Florida. He can't control his locker room, there is little or no player development...particularly at QB, and his best players get preferential treatment which creates a divide on the team, and messes up team chemistry. At least y'all had Tebow as a stabilizing force for the time that he was here.
With Meyer, it's all excitement and excellent recruiting and a lot of winning early, that slowly starts to rot and turn to **** as the players begin to see who he really is. The result is a mess it will take someone else years to fix.
You haven't recovered from the mess he left last time and you would consider bringing him back? WOW.
Don't do it. We need a strong east to get back to showing these other wanna-be conferences exactly who owns college football.
Frost is your guy.

Enjoy your win Saturday. If we get the right coach, it'll be a short celebration. I can't see us ever bringing CUM back again after the way everything went down and how his wife has bashed UF fans ever since they left. I also agree with you that he turns his kids into wild animals that nobody can stop until they get so wild they take over the locker room and then no coaching can get through to them and then everything falls apart. It certainly does look like a pattern is repeating itself.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
As far as our fan base as with everything human there is a distribution. You see some of it here but probably a skewed sample of the total Gator Nation.

Some have unrealistic expectations on various levels, others are more reasonable.

Almost all believe in the AD's motto "a championship experience with integrity"

Now that is not an objective statement and can be interpreted by individuals.

Comment as you thinks best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.