Buckeyes crushed by Purdue, 49-20

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2010 defense was good, not great. They were hamstrung by a bad offense that could never move the ball. It’s been a familiar tale of the last 9 seasons.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
2010 defense was good, not great. They were hamstrung by a bad offense that could never move the ball. It’s been a familiar tale of the last 9 seasons.
Sas, as you know I always seek out your opinions as I find them extremely valuable.

How do you think the 2010 Gator offense would have performed with Cam Newton?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sas, as you know I always seek out your opinions as I find them extremely valuable.

Cam Newton running the option vs Brantley? Lulz.... next question.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Florida had the 9th ranked defense in the nation, giving up 307 yards a game.

Auburn was ranked 60th, at 368 yards a game. :owned:

2010 FBS (I-A) College Football Team Statistics Leaders for Total - ESPN

Any other myths?
Auburn played a much more difficult schedule and their high scoring offense often allowed for 2nd and 3rd team defensive players playing a lot in the 2nd half of their games that year....read between the lines....stats are often VERY misleading, try again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn played a much more difficult schedule and their high scoring offense often allowed for 2nd and 3rd team defensive players playing a lot in the 2nd half of their games that year....read between the lines....stats are often VERY misleading, try again.
You perpetuated a myth that our defense sucked, I just showed it was 9th in the nation. That sucks?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What was our record? Hell most teams got a 10 point lead and put it in cruise control....
Okay, so now you're changing the argument again to our record? I thought this was about the defense?

Do you think having Cam Newton would have improved our 8-5 record?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Would have been a pretty good offense with Rainey and Demps getting running room on the option with Cam, and Thompson, Moore, Hines, Burton, Reed, and Hammond catching passes. And even with Daz calling the plays, we wouldn't have lost to Mississippi St., LSU, or FSU. Bama and SCar could have gone either way, because they both flat out dominated our defense. FSU was a blowout thanks to a -4 turnover ratio, and obviously MSU and LSU were one possession games with our cluster f*ck offense. So at worst, we would have been 10-2.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Would have been a pretty good offense with Rainey and Demps getting running room on the option with Cam, and Thompson, Moore, Hines, Burton, Reed, and Hammond catching passes. And even with Daz calling the plays, we wouldn't have lost to Mississippi St., LSU, or FSU. Bama and SCar could have gone either way, because they both flat out dominated our defense. FSU was a blowout thanks to a -4 turnover ratio, and obviously MSU and LSU were one possession games with our cluster f*ck offense. So at worst, we would have been 10-2.
Newton would have been absolutely ridiculous under Meyer, it's absurd to claim otherwise.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Okay, so now you're changing the argument again to our record? I thought this was about the defense?

Do you think having Cam Newton would have improved our 8-5 record?
Not unless he was as tall as Kareem Abdul Jabbar…...we couldn't even snap the ball right that year....and as far as the defense being "great" Bama, USCe, FSU, LSU and MSU didn't think we were....But I guess we really showed UT, UK and Bowling Green who was boss...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not unless he was as tall as Kareem Abdul Jabbar…...we couldn't even snap the ball right that year....and as far as the defense being "great" Bama, USCe, FSU, LSU and MSU didn't think we were....But I guess we really showed UT, UK and Bowling Green who was boss...
You are honestly going on record saying that Cam Newton instead of John Brantley would have landed us the same 8-5 record?

I know you're trying to win an argument but this is ludicrous even for you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You are honestly going on record saying that Cam Newton instead of John Brantley would have landed us the same 8-5 record?

I know you're trying to win an argument but this is ludicrous even for you.
There's really no argument, that 2010 team was awful and it was made up of a bunch of leftover misfits that Urchin couldn't work with....It was broken by him so he dumped them.....

What I'm really wondering though is who will take the Harbaugh a$$ kicking the hardest, Urchin, Shelley or you???

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's really no argument, that 2010 team was awful and it was made up of a bunch of leftover misfits that Urchin couldn't work with....It was broken by him so he dumped them.....

What I'm really wondering though I who will take the Harbaugh a$$ kicking the hardest, Urchin, Shelley or you???
Ah, changing the argument again since you lost that last one really, really bad.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think Cam would have been better than Brantley at getting those balls snapped by Pouncey that either rolled on the ground or shot over his head ... but ... it was obvious they didn't work over the offseason too much. When Urban quit then rehired himself (because Foley is a pos with no spine), it set a tone on that team.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Unless I’m remembering wrong, wasn’t the only game with snap issues from Pouncey the first game against Miami OH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb