Bullard

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law's point isn't anything new... what did offenses do against "the greatest DE ever" Clowney? They ran right at him and he really never did much to prove they shouldn't.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Bullard has been fine. Who's been lacking (as he has pretty much his whole career) is Leon Orr. When is the guy going to break out?

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Durty South Swamp said:
Law's point isn't anything new... what did offenses do against "the greatest DE ever" Clowney? They ran right at him and he really never did much to prove they shouldn't.
Fowler plays with 20x's the effort Clowney did on downs that aren't 3rd and long.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator said:
Bullard and Brantley have been our monsters against the run.

I know chicks dig sacks and the long ball but if we had four Bullards on the line we'd be in great shape. If we had four Fowlers, we'd get killed on run plays. Think Ray Mac and notice he is still in the NFL while most of our thin DEs like Moss and Harvey are not.
That's a good point. Also in the UK game our guys had to defend against a good running QB which also helps defend against inside screens. Omar Hunter used to get a lot of grief from fans but by his last year he was excellent at sniffing out screens. It not all about everyone on the dline getting maximum pressure all the time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n54339 said:
The announcers are so fixated on Fowler
God, you can say that again. At least we won't have to hear Nat Moore call him Dante Flowers anymore....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
im not knocking fowler, just speaking to the point that while DE's may get all the love, run stuffers are much more valuable IMO. I love fowler, but i love big run pluggers in the middle much more. You can win w/o a consistent outside pass rush (just look at bama most years, they rarely have big time DE's) but you are in trouble if you cant stop the gut run.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n54397 said:
God, you can say that again. At least we won't have to hear Nat Moore call him Dante Flowers anymore....
That's better than that nub from the uk game calling N. Ball "Bell" the whole game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mudd said:
Concrete Helmet;n54397 said:
That's better than that nub from the uk game calling N. Ball "Bell" the whole game.
Yeah, I caught that too.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
The announcers are so fixated on Fowler you don't hear much about the rest of them. I guess we will see how good the run defense is tomorrow.
That's good - hopefully Bama is too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Albert said:
I agree the run d has been great to this point against weak competition. We're about to be tested and then some. Would have liked to seen more interior pass rush against the weak sisters of the last 2 weeks without Fowler in the middle stacking the box.
Yes, I was watching the replay last night and noticed Big Bear doing his thing too. So I need to add him to the list of solid guys in there.

I'm actually much less concerned about our interior D line after watching that again. Not sure I'd call them strong yet, but they won't be the weakness that I feared early on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin said:
Bullard has been fine. Who's been lacking (as he has pretty much his whole career) is Leon Orr. When is the guy going to break out?
I'm afraid Leon is just depth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Gator Fever;n54339 said:
The announcers are so fixated on Fowler
I love me some Nats Moore. Love that guy. Gator Great! He can call these young kids whatever he wants.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
Gatorfin +1

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
ntcrze;n53791 said:
Bullard has been a five star bust. He doesn't get double teamed. He never touches the quarterback. He doesn't set the edge on the run. Face it, he's an average player at best. Mediocre is a better description. What's sad is that there is no one good enough to put him on the bench. The hype about McAllister and Bryan Cox Jr. during the preseason is just the same B.S. No, Bullard has never been good, and it looks like he still sucks.
Sigh. I'll give you one more chance. Cool it or you'll go back on hiatus for good.
Bart and Ox are my heroes.

Bart, you need to post more. Step up, man!

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
ntcrze;n53791 said:
Bullard has been a five star bust. He doesn't get double teamed. He never touches the quarterback. He doesn't set the edge on the run. Face it, he's an average player at best. Mediocre is a better description. What's sad is that there is no one good enough to put him on the bench. The hype about McAllister and Bryan Cox Jr. during the preseason is just the same B.S. No, Bullard has never been good, and it looks like he still sucks.
Sigh. I'll give you one more chance. Cool it or you'll go back on hiatus for good.
What did Bullard do in the Alabama game? I'm only making an observation that Bullard never makes a play. He was a consensus top ten (overall) recruit. What is your description of a guy that came in with so much hype and never makes a play? To me, and I may be crazy, it's obvious that Bullard is highly overrated and is not a even a good player, which would be o.k. if he were a three star recruit. But being a five star, the expectations are different, and he has not come close to meeting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.