Bumbling Gators mail it in again, lose to Loyola-Chicago

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Jbossgator8, Dec 6, 2017.

1. bayou gator

bayou gator Ancient GSMB Veteran
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $180
    Ratings:
    +663 / -4
    I don't think anyone would disagree with that statement. Hopefully he figures out a way to coach the softness out of these guys on the fly. FSU figured out that if you can punch us in the mouth, and slow down the pace, we can be easily beaten. They provided the rest of the country a blueprint, and these boys better expect more of the same if they can't toughen up.

2. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Jedi-Level Real Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $300
    Ratings:
    +321 / -12
    1.) First off, awesome.
    2.) Let's see what next week brings.
    3.) Fair-weathers feel free to disembark.

3. Jbossgator8

Jbossgator8 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $131
    Ratings:
    +1,220 / -80
    Sorry we were out and I thankfully didn't even see the game. Same old thing, can't make shots and of course TUNABOAT shows up when we lose. HMMM why is that EVERY TIME??!! LOLOL Only 8 games in so these guys can correct the mistakes but just have to play better and MAKE SHOTS. They will come around...hopefully. So we will now be unranked and can work on getting better. So that is good so everyone can forget about us and we can sneak up on people in the tourney...if we can get in. I am STILL a Gators fan so I am going to CHEER on this team WIN or LOSE UNLIKE TUNABOAT who ONLY shows up when we lose. Go Gators!!

#83 Jbossgator8, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Jbossgator8

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $131
    Ratings:
    +1,220 / -80
    Kansas lost at home tonight too...

5. Jbossgator8

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $131
    Ratings:
    +1,220 / -80
    I don't see us beating Cincy for a relatively home game for them. Unless we hit 3s we are toast vs them. We were only 2-19 tonight and 6-25 vs FSU. We have to hit shots to win. We hit the shots vs Gonzaga and Stanford. Kansas didn't make shots so they lost tonight too. That is how it goes sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $262
    Ratings:
    +7,154 / -216
    It’s not even the first time it’s happened to us. In 2010 we lost to Jacksonville at home...ended up 29-8 and in the Elite 8. We even lost to UCF that year at a neutral site.

ND just got beat at home by Ball State and there are plenty of other examples I can find. Doesn’t excuse the loss in anyway, and we could definitely spiral out of control. Let’s see what White can do.

7. URGatorBait

URGatorBait Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $158
    Ratings:
    +10,221 / -163
    #FireMikeWhite

8. Tunaboat

Tunaboat Sling it Franks
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $86
    Ratings:
    +861 / -15
    JBossTurd - GFY

9. MidwestChomp

MidwestChomp Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $507
    Ratings:
    +6,066 / -21
    I appreciate White's honesty. It is something I like about him, putting blame in himself and not avoiding questions or giving some reply that doesn't answer questions. I hope he figures it out quickly.

#89 MidwestChomp, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $429
    Ratings:
    +3,263 / -12
    Terrible loss. Inexcusable for the Gator program.

I'm more concerned about us defensively than offensively. Shots will start to drop and shooters will make shots again. It's part of basketball. But we just appear so soft defensively, unable to stop anything. Anxious to see how this team responds to the pressure the coaches will be placing on them.

If they fold, then it will be a long season.

If they respond, it could still be a great year of Gator basketball.

I still think Coach White is going to be successful here. Hopefully the death threats haven't started......

11. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $429
    Ratings:
    +3,263 / -12
  12. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +2,139 / -35
    This team HAS TO PLAY BETTER DEFENSE.........PERIOD!!. We aren't going to magically start dominating the glass and having a powerful inside game. We have to make shots including threes, get turnovers so we can transition, and make free throws. If we are going to let teams get a ton of second chances with offensive rebounds we are going to struggle. They don't work hard on the fundamental stuff because everybody wants to score 20 a game. White doesn't strike me as one that can bring down the hammer when kids aren't willing to do the dirty work in basketball and he is way too lenient with the quick/bad shot selections in my opinion. Hopefully they get this turned around.

13. Durfish

Durfish Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $312
    Ratings:
    +310 / -7
    Remember a couple of weeks ago when we were all saying, "It's OK, basketball season is here."
    Ugh.

14. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $429
    Ratings:
    +3,263 / -12

I'd disagree.

Benching (not starting) a consensus All-SEC guard (Allen) for poor effort isn't exactly coddling.

15. Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch Mr. SQ, the Sashole
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $998
    Ratings:
    +10,288 / -212
    I said this in the box last night, but something psychological happened to these guys late in the Duke game and they haven't recovered yet. I've never seen an entire team of REALLY good shooters go cold like this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $429
    Ratings:
    +3,263 / -12
    Me either.

Maybe they were stunned by the Mullen hire. Didn't that news leak coincide with the Duke meltdown?

17. PaulDrake

PaulDrake Della Street's Baby Daddy
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $149
    Ratings:
    +575 / -12
    Heard that dreaded word for the first time nationally on the radio coming in after last nights loss to Loyola-Chicago: "Overrated." I don't believe that but Coach White has to be careful that doesn't become the national meme for tournament seeding purposes.

18. CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +2,794 / -22
    Agree with the need to improve defensively, but I can’t believe how much they clang the rim beyond the arc. They’ve had open looks and still can’t buy a 3.

19. MidwestChomp

MidwestChomp Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $507
    Ratings:
    +6,066 / -21
    Ouch. Coach White said some damning things in the post game presser. No buy-in from the guys on the defensive side of the ball. On the plus side, he said some really great things about Ballard, who I think will be a very good all around player for us.

I would love to see some 4 our 1 in motion offense a la Jay Wright and Nova.

20. MotownGator

MotownGator Newbie

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +428 / -15