Burrito Bros. Closing

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is it because the students must be seen at Chipotles now or some mess like that?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It really is because of that behemoth construction project coupled with the cancelled/moved games. That construction literally shut access to it right at a critical time of the beginning of the fall semester and then without the football revenue, it was all over.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Sad, I'm all for supporting good local places over chain establishments, but for some reason when I was in school I never went there that often. It was on 13th when I was there. I saw some info about it moving into a church or something after the construction on the corner of Univ/ 13th. What was the must have order? I do remember getting some red sauce on the side, but that is about all. My loss I guess.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
After my time. Gainesville cuisine hasnt been the same since Alan's Cubana and the Rosebud Inn closed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Loved the old Burrito Brothers but the fact that they were asking for virtual burrito money tells me all I need to know about their business acumen. They should have quickly devwloped contingencies once the road plans were made public. We need roads. You didnt build that!!!!

Those who dont adapt die.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a student I ate there at least twice a week. Recently they remodeled a space, got a beer license, etc. The remodel had to of constricted their CF. no reason to get fancy. At the church/student union they still had very long lines

Last edited:

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
The restaurant field is very stressful and takes up most of your time. If you are busy you must be there to maximize your profits, and when it is slow you must be there to minimize your losses. When I replaced my managers with myself, gross profits went up 4%. You have to give up a lot to work in this field. You must work weekends and holidays while others are off. I am sure the owners are worn out and do not have the energy to fight through this last disaster. Working in this field puts city miles on you.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
The restaurant field is very stressful and takes up most of your time. If you are busy you
must be there to maximize your profits, and when it is slow you must
be there to minimize your losses. When I replaced my managers with
myself, gross profits went up 4%. You have to give up a lot to work in
this field. You must work weekends and holidays while others are off. I am sure the owners
are worn out and do not have the energy to fight through this last disaster.
Working in this field puts city miles on you.
You have a restaurant in Cozumel? Name, please!

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I don't know the direct cause of this, but i do know the Chipotle on University Ave must be causing a huge dent in burrito bros revenue. That chipotle is always busy. The students love that place and with it being right across the campus it does huge profits.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I don't know the direct cause of this, but i do know the Chipotle on University Ave must be causing a huge dent in burrito bros revenue. That chipotle is always busy. The students love that place and with it being right across the campus it does huge profits.

College kids love them some E. coli.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Burrito Bros is practically next door to that place

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
they just likt the taste of chiptle more i guess. I think that chipotle does the most businessout of any place in midtown bars included

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.