Burrito Bros. Closing

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Went to the business school, so ate at Burrito Brothers reasonably often. Never bought a t-shirt, that was a luxury I really couldn't afford at the time. (And in later years, when I put Burrito Brothers t-shirt on my Christmas list as something my Gvl relatives could get, they never did.)

Damn. Sad to hear this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
they just likt the taste of chiptle more i guess. I think that chipotle does the most businessout of any place in midtown bars included

Chipotles comes off like Starbucks to me and its like certain people just want to be seen there for some reason and are willing to pay more than the product is worth.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it must have been going down gradually besides that because next year will be great with all the home games.

Chipotles comes off like Starbucks to me and its like certain people just want to be seen there for some reason and are willing to pay more than the product is worth.
Chipotle is delicious, that's why. And it was actually cheaper than Burrito Bros.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Burrito Bros was always a favorite of mine and with the ongoing construction of 3 years or more, it has made getting there challenging unless you are walking from campus. Very sad

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So the Chipotle is beside it and managed to stay open despute the construction, huh?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So the Chipotle is beside it and managed to stay open despute the construction, huh?
No, Chipotle is on University and not affected by the construction. Gaining access to Burrito Bros. by car was virtually impossible once that construction started. Maybe if you ever actually went to Gainesville, you'd know that.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I have lived in Gainesville my whole life. Burrito Bros used to be great when the place looked like it should be condemned. I'm not a fan of hippies, but the hippies at Burrito Bros could make some great food.

The new construction forced them to move into a space owned by a church. The space only had about 5 parking spots and was impossible to find. It was not visible from any street. Still, they had long lines no matter what time you went there. I ate there at least 3 times a week.

Then they built a new restaurant. This place was street side on 13th with a deck. The hippies were gone and the place felt like an Applebees. You could no longer see into the kitchen to watch them make the food. You had to sit at a table and depend on a waitress. Every time I went there they got my order wrong and it took forever. The food was not the same at all. I don't know what they did to the food, but it just wasn't the same.

Burrito Bros was killed because the hippies tried to go corporate.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
they just likt the taste of chiptle more i guess. I think that chipotle does the most businessout of any place in midtown bars included

There are several midtown businesses that have higher revenue than that Chipotle. Not even close.

The Pita Pit in midtown used to be the number one Pita Pit in the whole country for sales. I believe it's down to third now. The same guy owns Relish right next door. He has four of those in Gainesville now. If you've never eaten there you have no idea what you are missing.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Now I feel bad. One of our contracts is Gainesville is on that construction project.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Joe's Deli's closing was sadder for me. I ate that toasted Gatortail sandwich probably 4 times a week while I was in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.