Burrito Bros. Closing

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This slow death all began when they moved Burrito Bros. and the Falafel Place off of 13th and Univ. so they could tear down the building and build something new and outstanding. Well it was so outstanding that the damn piece of property sat idle/empty for what about 8 years, while Burrito Bros. trudged along in some out of the way church building. Color me dismayed as I frequented the place quite often in my years as a student b/c almost all of my classes in my later years were in the business area. So long Burrito Bros. Let the morons choke on Chipotle's ChickenShyt!!!!!!!
You're slacking, it was Foley's fault. BB's death knell was moving the LSU game to BR.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never ate there, but in the early 90's I remember older friends of mine loving the food but complaining about the prices even then.

Never ate there either. Joe's yes. Purple Porpoise yes. Don't think I've heard of the Cubana place either.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never ate there, but in the early 90's I remember older friends of mine loving the food but complaining about the prices even then.
It was dirt cheap 85-90. <$5 with guac. A bean burrito was like a $1 and was probably 2K calories. PBB DW OH 2S chips and drink. Nothing better than to see Guac sign a light. By 11:30 line back to copy shop.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had to go there almost every Sunday after a home game. My Dad and uncle loved it, I was never a big fan but I was just a kid with picky taste.
Just looked it up. The old old one? The old one or the new one?

I used to go to the old old one. It was great. Small but dedicated following. Just north of Cafe Gardens. Hole in the wall.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hell yeah - the twisted bird was delicious.

First Skeeters, then Joe's, now this. Hell, I went out of my way to eat BBTC if I was within about 100miles of Gville..
I used to have it fed ex to me in Augusta

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just looked it up. The old old one? The old one or the new one?

I used to go to the old old one. It was great. Small but dedicated following. Just north of Cafe Gardens. Hole in the wall.
I assume The old old one, behind the Florida Book Store next to the convenience store.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is crazy. I heard rumors last summer and a point to go there as much as possible during this season. The new location was too upscale and the employees didn't have enough tattoos......but the craft beer was nice!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MemoryLaneBanner.jpg

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I would make it a point to go to Burrito Bros every time I returned to Gainesville for a football game. While I missed the original hippie one too, I still miss it regardless. Like the Purple Porpoise, another big part of Gainesville has died and therefore I am sad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.