Burt Reynolds has passed away

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I always loved him, especially prior to me attending the University of Florida. He was living the life. Making great movies, dating/marrying/divorcing beautiful women and living on the Intracoastal Waterway in Jupiter.
Dmbq2dIVsAABGHW.jpg

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I went to Palm Beach Jr. College in the early 80's my counselor was Watson B. Duncan. He was the person who inspired Burt Reynolds to get into acting. Watson B. Duncan taught Shakespeare and was larger than life. He had a very thick southern accent, which was interesting to hear him read Shakespeare. Plus he dressed the parts he was teaching and reading. Very entertaining.

When we reviewed my transcripts and I told him my plan was to xfer to UF and get into Broadcasting, he looked at my transcripts and asked me why I was taking a lot of math classes and in his accent, said "Son, you are obviously not very good at math, why are you taking algebra. You should take General Math 1 and General Math 2 and get the hell out of here!!" I laughed right there on the spot and did what he said, and got accepted to UF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Funny guy, actually. Deliverance was his best role.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
He did age a bit hard the last few years, but back in his day--the 70's--he was THE MAN when it came to movies. Heck he actually influenced me to get a Firebird back in 78. Loved that car. And did like some of his movies(especially his female co-stars too.:yes:)

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
I went to Palm Beach Jr. College in the early 80's my counselor was Watson B. Duncan. He was the person who inspired Burt Reynolds to get into acting. Watson B. Duncan taught Shakespeare and was larger than life. He had a very thick southern accent, which was interesting to hear him read Shakespeare. Plus he dressed the parts he was teaching and reading. Very entertaining.

When we reviewed my transcripts and I told him my plan was to xfer to UF and get into Broadcasting, he looked at my transcripts and asked me why I was taking a lot of math classes and in his accent, said "Son, you are obviously not very good at math, why are you taking algebra. You should take General Math 1 and General Math 2 and get the hell out of here!!" I laughed right there on the spot and did what he said, and got accepted to UF.
Interesting story because my UF application my freshman year was rejected, I found out years later it was because one of my math credits was left off my high school transcript. Probably worked out for the best though because it took me like 8 years of partying to get through junior college before eventually transferring to UF.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The first time I ever saw boobs on TV, it was in one of his movies.

g8orbill

OldGator
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2018
He did age a bit hard the last few years, but back in his day--the 70's--he was THE MAN when it came to movies. Heck he actually influenced me to get a Firebird back in 78. Loved that car. And did like some of his movies(especially his female co-stars too.:yes:)

Gator was actually his nickname growing up

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting story because my UF application my freshman year was rejected, I found out years later it was because one of my math credits was left off my high school transcript. Probably worked out for the best though because it took me like 8 years of partying to get through junior college before eventually transferring to UF.

I finished PBJC in two years but took me three and half to finish the last two at UF.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Loved his movies and thought he was awesome...for a semenhole.

R.I.P. Burt.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Burt lasted longer than many people thought he would. A really popular actor when I was a kid.

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb