Butch Jones - Best SEC East coach

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"If not for blown fourth-quarter leads against Oklahoma, Florida and Alabama last fall, Jones might already have a statue outside Neyland Stadium."

So, besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Exactly. The coach is most known for blowing 4th quarter leads, and he's the best of the bunch?

:what:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
And this is why Mac should be #1:

"He made even quicker work of the Florida job in his debut last fall, guiding the Gators to 10 wins and a surprise SEC East crown.
But a power outage on offense kept them from an even bigger year."
A power outage over which he had no control...

Even in our worst year, 2013, we still beat Biotch caJonés

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"If not for blown fourth-quarter leads against Oklahoma, Florida and Alabama last fall, Jones might already have a statue outside Neyland Stadium."

.... I heard Knoxville badly needs a qualified collecting funnel for pigeon dung ?

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
So, is the basis of this consistently underperforming based on talent level and snatching a loss from the jaws of victory?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you are 0-Fer against Will Muschamp you cannot be given any awards or accolades.

And by the who was the last SEC Coach of the Year?? Ah the guy that beat Jones. And how many SECCOY does Bytch have??? Another 0-Fer.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
48b2a106b3a082c65a2105e35f74ca4b.jpg

Has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention this guys probably has something to say about it.
:mac:

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I'm glad to see that seccountry recognizes all those offseason national titles Tennessee has had the last 5 years. Everyone needs to realize it wasn't Butch Jones's fault they lost any of those games late last year. What you may not have known is in the 4th quarter his coaching ability transported him to some future time where he was playing for a national title and an unknown location and was calling plays based on that game. As Butch says Brick by Brick.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you are 0-Fer against Will Muschamp you cannot be given any awards or accolades.

And by the who was the last SEC Coach of the Year?? Ah the guy that beat Jones. And how many SECCOY does Bytch have??? Another 0-Fer.

... maybe the job as USCe OC ?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:rotfl: someone needs to sig this immediately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe someone got paid to write that. If not being known for losing, he'd have a statue. Hilarious.
Isn't he still winless vs top 25 teams?
3-25, I've read. If that isn't correct, it's close.

He's the Dan Mullen of the east. I think two of his three wins came against Ugly.

IMO, he is fired this year when he does his normal 7-5. I don't know how I feel about that. It would be nice to have him there long term. Maybe they will do their usual and get real excited about beating Kintucky and Vandy in August and keep him anyway.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Best SEC East coach until the season is played out, then it'll go to who really deserves it. UT is the best at winning pre-season awards.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I had to double check the date. It is not April 1st.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is insulting, and I hope Mac reads the article to the team.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Post of the month. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.