By popular demand: Gators Breakdown EP 094 - Potential on Offense. Opponent Chat: Kentucky

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the big debate was what do we do if Corral commits before Fields decides. We really, really, really want Fields. Corral is a gamble. But Fields is a definite game changer.
Beggars can't be choosers - we take whichever one wants to be a Gator.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You're insane. You really think SOS would even consider a backup QB that North Texas and San Antonio Tech wouldnt take?

Spurrier certainly would and have NO problem going with whomever he thought gave him the best chance to win. That was in recruiting too. Spurrier had no problem taking an unknown like Jesse Palmer who certainly was not an All American. So your memory of Spurrier is quite selective if you think Spurrier would not have considered someone because of who else was recruiting him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're insane. You really think SOS would even consider a backup QB that North Texas and San Antonio Tech wouldnt take? SOS dropped Tim Lester bc he wasnt going to play in one of his four years. Trash didnt play in four of his four years.

So funny that you guys mention Shane Matthews as THE example, and Shane was an All State QB in Mississippi.

www.google.com/amp/amp.mlive.com/v1/articles/20073219/western_michigan_coach_learned.amp

"Spurrier got on the phone and he said (in a southern accent), 'Tim, there's like 20 of y'all All-American quarterbacks and I'm gonna get two of them, but recruiting is an in-exact science.'

"'I don't know which one of ya'll is going to be the next Danny Wuerffel (the former Florida signal-calling legend), so if I can take one that has had knee surgery and one that hasn't, which one am I going to take?'

Yup, ole SOS believed in taking two All Americans, not the next gem backup who was over-looked by all the 1AA teams.

It doesnt matter. Mr Fifth String will never see the field unless he becomes the holder for Eddy.
Take it for what it's worth, but Franks hasn't shown me anything to make me think he's better than Trask. The knock on Trask now is his confidence. If that's true, he wouldn't survive under Spurrier.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Take it for what it's worth, but Franks hasn't shown me anything to make me think he's better than Trask. The knock on Trask now is his confidence. If that's true, he wouldn't survive under Spurrier.
TIFWIW... I just watched Spurrier praise franks on a live video call-in with slimebaum. He mentioned zaire being a really nice kid. No mention of trask.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So the big debate was what do we do if Corral commits before Fields decides. We really, really, really want Fields. Corral is a gamble. But Fields is a definite game changer.
If corral commits to us? Is that really a debate?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These guys are totally sold on Zaire being the starter based solely on the presumption that Zaire wouldn't have come here w/o the promise of starting. History indicates that Mac wouldn't make that kind of a promise to anyone.

Everybody's just speculating until somebody walks onto the field with his helmet on come game time against UM.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These guys are totally sold on Zaire being the starter based solely on the presumption that Zaire wouldn't have come here w/o the promise of starting. History indicates that Mac wouldn't make that kind of a promise to anyone.
I will bet you my membership zaire starts.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Imo it's bigger that we beat FSU than win the east. My reasoning for this is i think it would help more in recruiting. We've won the east 2 years in a row and fsu still owns us in recruiting. Maybe beating them could swing things in our favor a little bit. And I'm not saying that we would beat them out overall but maybe we get a few kids we wouldn't have gotten that they would have.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier certainly would and have NO problem going with whomever he thought gave him the best chance to win. That was in recruiting too. Spurrier had no problem taking an unknown like Jesse Palmer who certainly was not an All American. So your memory of Spurrier is quite selective if you think Spurrier would not have considered someone because of who else was recruiting him.
https://n.rivals.com/news/palmer-remembers-different-recruiting-era-1

Really great read.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We've come full circle and have lost ground. We need to start regularly beating Semen U in order to get this recruiting deficit under control. The other wins we want will come when the state talent gap narrows a bit more and leans in our favor.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Championships & improved offense will bring recruits. The path to a championship lies thru the SEC, not FSU. I hate FSU too, but they are just a hated rival, not a primary obstacle to a championship. We've proven we can lose to FSU in the regular season and still win a NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator