By popular demand: Gators Breakdown EP 094 - Potential on Offense. Opponent Chat: Kentucky

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Finally, I know what that **** from Seville was I bought when I was in college.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
468dcbdfe9abbe5f85aafd79b0cb13be.png
And yet.....

doug-nussmeier-michigan-florida-offensive-coordinator.jpg

It isn't obvious to that guy.

I still can't believe we hired that SOB.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You left out the part were Zaire had trouble with the playbook at ND and looked bad at the elite 11. But hey I'm sure with three weeks practice he'll win the job.
As long as he waited for the rule to pass, he was all but guaranteed the job.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't sound like either Frosh/Soph is ready for the big time... extrapolating brother...

They've only "held the clipboard" for 1 year each. By this time next year if they aren't ready you'd have a point.....math brother...

:grin:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For 2017, I think Franks starts game 1 and "Real-Game" CFB adrenaline plus his athletic superiority will produce sustained drives for enough scores TDs, FGs. Our RB platoon will exhaust UM's defense. IMHO, Toney will be that game's surprise drive mover.

Franks' QB flaws will be a few "new-guy" bumbles, but he'll get some "Hot QB Headlines" right away.
This cross-pollination by weeds "mossy menace" have formed a GatChat mat blocking all positive views.
This has such prevalent longevity = In early Spring Practice, posters were going nuts 'cause we couldn't get any practice information.

Then there was a breakthrough: The WRs were saying, "Boy, Franks is really "firing it" in there."
"Mossy Menace" posted responses: "Yeah rubbish, against air (i.e. no DB coverage).
More logical & not "rainbow thinking" = WRs were meaning Franks' throws get there fast and he throws a tight spiral since that smooth spin is what allows air-speed. Not one post interpreted it that most logical way 'cause that would have been a positive take.
RX-DK-LG20804_moss-poor-soil_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.966.725.jpeg

Mossy Menace
Moss indicates poor conditions, especially in acidic soil. Use moss killer in spring or fall, but it is likely to return if the underlying cause is unresolved.... might change acidic to acerbic soil & change underlying to over-lying.
Mossy Menace = neGators
:lmao2:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Zaire will be the starter against mich and I'm glad of it. Frank's isn't ready and I think pretty much everyone who's played or knows football can see it.
Wouldn't that be on Mac? He's had plenty enough time to get these kids ready to at least compete.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet.....

doug-nussmeier-michigan-florida-offensive-coordinator.jpg

It isn't obvious to that guy.

I still can't believe we hired that SOB.
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Remember when I bytched about the coordinator hires being terrible and you guys insisted that Duncemeyer was just a QB coach and Ole Butters the Offensive Magician was going to be the REAL playcaller? Remember that?

I hate you all. You lied to me.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Remember when I bytched about the coordinator hires being terrible and you guys insisted that Duncemeyer was just a QB coach and Ole Butters the Offensive Magician was going to be the REAL playcaller? Remember that?

I dont think those words ever passed my lips but I will admit that before I really knew Mac, I thought he would be much better with our QBs than I have seen. I wish we could land a real OC but if we dont win this year, I dont see it happening.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we could land a real OC but if we dont win this year, I dont see it happening.
Even if we do, great, even good, OCs land HC jobs quickly. We will forever be in the same predicament.

Decent DCs are a dime a dozen.

If Mac can't call his own game, there is no reason to keep him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I remember more your love for LDR and Muschamp. Good times...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
take our lumps with Trask or Franks and learn....Zaire is a waste of a scholly.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
They are hearing that Mac does not think Franks is not ready right now to win games in the SEC.
It doesn't mean that Franks or Trask can't do well in the future but right now they aren't ready.
How is it that other coaches can get 2ed year guys to take the reins but Butters can't? Saban, Reich, Jimbo, Urban all have had good
success with 2ed year guys but Mac still can't get his guys ready? I thought he was suppose to be adept at developing qb's, but that
ability has yet to become apparent in Gainesville. Are the Gators going to be in the same position next year? How much development of Franks and Trask is there going to be if they are consigned to occasional trick plays and very specific situations while Zaire is getting 90% of the playing time?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

76478-004-22CC53EB.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How is it that other coaches can get 2ed year guys to take the reins but Butters can't? Saban, Reich, Jimbo, Urban all have had good
success with 2ed year guys but Mac still can't get his guys ready? I thought he was suppose to be adept at developing qb's, but that
ability has yet to become apparent in Gainesville. Are the Gators going to be in the same position next year? How much development of Franks and Trask is there going to be if they are consigned to occasional trick plays and very specific situations while Zaire is getting 90% of the playing time?

The Gators finished with a season-low 236 yards during a 13-6 win last Saturday at Vanderbilt, which entered the day allowing an average of 450.5 yards.

"Am I excited about where it is? No," McElwain said of his offense. "We've got to get better play at some positions, and we've got to get more energy out of those positions. And yet that's my responsibility."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Mac has had about enough of this train wreck on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator