By popular demand: Gators Breakdown EP 094 - Potential on Offense. Opponent Chat: Kentucky

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Boom. Says a lot. Mac believes that Zaire is an upgrade over Franks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can i get a run down of it? Im om strike with these guys and im in a hotel room with 2 sleeping babies.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can i get a run down of it? Im om strike with these guys and im in a hotel room with 2 sleeping babies.

They both think yes, but hope Franks proves them wrong. That's a very condensed version. There's a lot of interesting perspective thrown in.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They are hearing that Mac does not think Franks is not ready right now to win games in the SEC. Mac pushed for Zaire and Mac believes that Zaire is an upgrade. They also say that it is naive to think that Zaire came here for anything but to start. And it is most likely Mac reached out to Zaire.

It doesn't mean that Franks or Trask can't do well in the future but right now they aren't ready.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There will be packages for Zaire, Franks, Toney, in the first 2 games, making it harder to game plan against us. Hopefully by then one of the QB's shows he has 'it'. Also from the spring practice, doesn't look like we'll have a QB make it through the season without missing some time due to the oline still struggling.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They are hearing that Mac does not think Franks is not ready right now to win games in the SEC. Mac pushed for Zaire and Mac believes that Zaire is an upgrade. They also say that it is naive to think that Zaire came here for anything but to start. And it is most likely Mac reached out to Zaire.

It doesn't mean that Franks or Trask can't do well in the future but right now they aren't ready.

And I forgot to mention the part where they said rumors or some source I can't remember that Zaire has had our playbook for a while already.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016

We're in serious trouble then. Zaire is not an SEC caliber QB.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
There will be packages for Zaire, Franks, Toney, in the first 2 games, making it harder to game plan against us. Hopefully by then one of the QB's shows he has 'it'. Also from the spring practice, doesn't look like we'll have a QB make it through the season without missing some time due to the oline still struggling.
So our offense Will look disjointed ran like a circus

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Zaire will be the starter against mich and I'm glad of it. Frank's isn't ready and I think pretty much everyone who's played or knows football can see it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quick summary:

Butters thinks Franks isn't ready.

Zaire is arm than LDR? He says it as a question. Zaire adds the running ability. He runs 4.52.

Zaire is starting bc he didn't come here to sit on the bench.

Butters probably doesn't have any faith in LDR, Franks, Toney, Trash or Allen.

Waters admits he is backtracking after saying that Zaire wasn't worth the effort.

Really, there isn't much in there that we haven't all thrashed out multiple times.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You left out the part were Zaire had trouble with the playbook at ND and looked bad at the elite 11. But hey I'm sure with three weeks practice he'll win the job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You left out the part were Zaire had trouble with the playbook at ND and looked bad at the elite 11. But hey I'm sure with three weeks practice he'll win the job.
I'm still on 30 mins in. Still haven't heard it.

Did hear the part that they think he might be Appleby-ish but they are hoping he adds 800-900 yards rushing and hope that gets us over the top.

Talk of the defense hemorrhaging talent, likely to need to score 35 points a game.

Like I said, really nothing new there that we haven't already discussed.

Edit: yes, rumors that Zaire struggled with playbook at ND. LSU game, mostly one read. Texas game more reads, he looked good.

Complete unknown, Franks only looked good for a few snaps vs 3 walkons on defense.

No one thinks that Butters would pick a freshman.

Zaire is probably a journeyman stop gap but he has shown flashes of being capable of being the guy.

Stampini tweeted he thought Zaire looked bad at Elite 11.

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Franks isn't thrown in actual games, how will he ever be ready and how will we ever know? You HAVE to actually play in a real game to know whether or not someone has it. Not everything can be judged based off practice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Franks isn't thrown in actual games, how will he ever be ready and how will we ever know? You HAVE to actually play in a real game to know whether or not someone has it. Not everything can be judged based off practice
Against our walkons in Spring Practice, something like LDR did last year (perfect or nearly perfect) would be expected.Any yet, it obviously doesn't mean anything, because it is against walkons.

We don't really have any good options, unfortunately.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Start ND reject, and we dig too big of a hole to climb out of and won't be bowl eligible.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Yep. Will see both Franks and Zaire. But Mac values throwing to the right guy over completing the pass so for that reason Franks starts.

But if we are taking everything these guys said as gospel they are pretty damn excited that we have so many options at QB.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Do you have a link about him at the elite 11 saying he looked bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator