Byron Cowart Leaves Auburn in tears

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Straight bush league.

Your televised decision created a stir on National Signing Day, as Auburn waited hours for your letter of intent. There were reports saying you had signed one letter for Auburn and one for Florida. What happened?

BC: "I think I messed up because I never signed Florida's letter. I took a picture of it and put it on Twitter. My coach was a Florida guy and his son got hired at Florida. I don't know if any promises were made."

Read more (or not) at http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/top_auburn_signee_byron_cowart.html

Just reading this article makes me hate Muschamp more and more and more and more…

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What was bush league is the fact that auburn wasn't recruiting him until muschamp was hired

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;231459 said:
Who should care? Gator Bait!!!

I don't like it any time a recruit makes NCAA violation statements about my university. I love UF and I take it personal.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
its ok Byron we all get buyers remorse at some point in life, and how stupid is the statement of the coaching staff is to new. Its just the same staff that helped Alabama win a couple of national titles.
:facepalm:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not getting the problem. Bowden did that sort of thing for years. Many coaches have to lure a prize recruit.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n231503 said:
I'm not getting the problem. Bowden did that sort of thing for years. Many coaches have to lure a prize recruit.

I agree. Where is there a violation issue here?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n231513 said:
I agree. Where is there a violation issue here?

Of course there's not one. And I don't like him insinuating that there is one.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
My belief is that Cowart didn't sign immediately because he was being pressured by Armwood's coach to sign with Florida. Armwood is, basically, a feeder school for the gators, so when their biggest fish ever chose somewhere else besides Florida, it sent tremors through the school. I don't believe a word about Callahan being hired to ensure Cowart's signature. Why would UF do that when the coach at Seffner steers his players to Florida anyway? If you're going to hire someone or recruiting purposes, you don't hire someone to give you something you already have in your hip pocket. That would be as dumb as hiring someone from Tallahassee Lincoln that also steers players to Florida. Who knows if Cowart will be any good anyway? Remember the last number one defensive end to sign with UF? Ronald Powell was never much of a player at Florida, so it's no guarantee that Cowart will ever amount to anything.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He made a bad choice and is compounding the mistake by making stupid remarks.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Phenix City boyz love Cowart types.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gatorphan;n231544 said:
Right? I bet Zuniga turns as a better get.
I've never liked Cowart because of 3 things. 1)He's overrated 2) he's Arrogant as hell 3) he thinks he's above his teams. I know everyone wanted him in the Orange & Blue and he probably would of helped us but I don't care for him. I have always liked Jefferson better and he'll end up being the better of the 2 because he doesn't carry the baggage Cowart does and he isn't a locker room cancer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I've never liked Cowart because of 3 things. 1)He's overrated 2) he's Arrogant as hell 3) he thinks he's above his teams. I know everyone wanted him in the Orange & Blue and he probably would of helped us but I don't care for him. I have always liked Jefferson better and he'll end up being the better of the 2 because he doesn't carry the baggage Cowart does and he isn't a locker room cancer.

I don't know about of lot that. But I do agree that CeCe will be a better player. Plus his attitude and personality are stellar. He was the one that I was hoping would sign with us. And TBH, I'd rather have Ivey than Cowart any day of the week.

Losing Cowart was a sting. A top flight DE like Manuel would lessen it considerably. But we're pretty sturdy, deep, and explosive on the D Line. In all reality it was probably worse to lose Jalen Merrick and Jeffrey Holland.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The kid played games on NSD to make drama and now he's playing it off on UF....I'm sure there is nothing behind his BS. I would have liked for him to come to UF but I was just as disappointed when Horton choose AU as I was him. We needed offensive linemen worse than defensive players anyway......long story short, **** him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n231544 said:
Right? I bet Zuniga turns as a better get.

Crazy athletic and a sleeper to boot. I'm excited to see what he turns into. We had some crazy talent on the D-Line under Muschamp but I never thought that they flourished under Muschamp. Other than the one year under Quinn. They were a bit better again the year under Lawing but I think Rumph will make better use of the talent and we'll have D-Lineman beating down our doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator