Caleb Brantley charged with Battery/Video released

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. You guys think the scouts would listen to a known drunk who coaches a rival and hasnt coached the kid since he was a true freshman?

Spin away, Hee Hawers. It wasnt me or my staff, even though the leak said coach not former coach.

:blahblah:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I hope these charges are BS and Brantley proves all the doubters wrong. He ain't no 6th rounder.
The charges are BS. First of all, the GPD officer would have thrown the book att Brantley the first time round if not. I couldn't see the video. What is described here is her walking away with few signs of the types of injuries that are consistent with her account. That is not being knocked unconscious. Also first news report said she was treated for minor injuries at hospital, or something to that effect.

I think it more likely that mayber since the woman's story so radically contradicted the first report, a superior office for some PC related reasons and or rules they have about figuring out what to do with domestic violence, advised a different report just to protect the GPD legally(?) or its image, just in case.. I'm basing that only on what I have read on boards that there was a report that named him as the aggressor and had a different version. I don't know if that's true or if the press just ran with the alternate account.

The other procedural thing I was told about ACSO , and I don't know if it applies to GPD, is that in cases of family violence ( like 2 men), in which 2 parties are claiming the other was the aggressor, the investigating officer has to make an arrest, and it is customary according to what I was told , if it is not clear who is telling the truth, to arrest the person who shows the least injuries, then let the SAO and court system sort it out. I don't know if GPD had a guideline similar that someone wanted to apply to this incident even though it wasn't a family situation.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Keep in mind this is the same police department that arrested Morrison for barking at a police dog without providing a verbal warning first... and because the officer was in a bad mood.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The charges are BS. First of all, the GPD officer would have thrown the book att Brantley the first time round if not. I couldn't see the video. What is described here is her walking away with few signs of the types of injuries that are consistent with her account. That is not being knocked unconscious. Also first news report said she was treated for minor injuries at hospital, or something to that effect.

I think it more likely that mayber since the woman's story so radically contradicted the first report, a superior office for some PC related reasons and or rules they have about figuring out what to do with domestic violence, advised a different report just to protect the GPD legally(?) or its image, just in case.. I'm basing that only on what I have read on boards that there was a report that named him as the aggressor and had a different version. I don't know if that's true or if the press just ran with the alternate account.

The other procedural thing I was told about ACSO , and I don't know if it applies to GPD, is that in cases of family violence ( like 2 men), in which 2 parties are claiming the other was the aggressor, the investigating officer has to make an arrest, and it is customary according to what I was told , if it is not clear who is telling the truth, to arrest the person who shows the least injuries, then let the SAO and court system sort it out. I don't know if GPD had a guideline similar that someone wanted to apply to this incident even though it wasn't a family situation.

Wasn't the new report just based on her and some friend coming in to make a complaint after that night. I don't think it was the GPD adding stuff themselves from the original report except for what that lady claimed. My guess is the truth is in the middle somewhere and I don't believe she was knocked out or she would have been more animated when she was leaving probably and he would have been acting differently also on that video.

In my town they almost always take the guy in if she has any injuries/marks even if his injuries are a lot worse than hers and then they usually arrest her also.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

These charges should NEVER have been filed. A couple of posters here seemed to immediately decide he was guilty once they were, including one who exaggerated the negative by twice stating that Brantley knocked her teeth out. Could we please hear from you guys now? Hmmm?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
These charges should NEVER have been filed. A couple of posters here seemed to immediately decide he was guilty once they were, including one who exaggerated the negative by twice stating that Brantley knocked her teeth out. Could we please hear from you guys now? Hmmm?

Sure, it was me. And I was just reporting what was said, not saying it was true.

And you're still a sensitive social justice warrior douche.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Sure, it was me. And I was just reporting what was said, not saying it was true.

And you're still a sensitive social justice warrior douche.
Huge points for owning up, especially so quickly. You've got me wrong, tho. I'm more in line with PiF, Chief, Alex, Donkey, and Taco Gratis. I just believe in the values expressed in our Constitution, including the right to be presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. I didn't think what you said about Brantley was fair to him. You weren't the only one. Peace.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Huge points for owning up, especially so quickly. You've got me wrong, tho. I'm more in line with PiF, Chief, Alex, Donkey, and Taco Gratis. I just believe in the values expressed in our Constitution, including the right to be presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. I didn't think what you said about Brantley was fair to him. You weren't the only one. Peace.

:highfive:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DADFpIgUAAAG7yn.jpg:large

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I were him, I'd have a counter-suit filed before the end of the day. This B__ch cost him millions!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If I were him, I'd have a counter-suit filed before the end of the day. This B__ch cost him millions!

I haven't followed closely, but shouldn't the media be held responsible for reporting what would boost ratings rather than reporting all the facts and letting the reader form an opinion? I seem to recall the media painting a very inflammatory picture that didn't give CB any chance for presumed innocence.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
These charges should NEVER have been filed.

Charges were not filed. A complaint was made by a citizen. There is nothing the GPD can do about that. I guess they could independently have come to the same conclusion and not forwarded the complaint to the prosecutor. That is politically sensitive decision these days so I can understand why they would not want to make that call.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Purpose? She's probably a student with lint in her pocket.

Good luck.

If he had the money to burn, I'd do it just to send a message like former NBAer Derrick Coleman did years ago. He doesn't have that kind of money though.

I haven't followed closely, but shouldn't the media be held responsible for reporting what would boost ratings rather than reporting all the facts and letting the reader form an opinion? I seem to recall the media painting a very inflammatory picture that didn't give CB any chance for presumed innocence.

This is exactly right. Todd McShay went on a rant on draft day about how CB shouldn't be let into the league. A number of guys did that sort of bull$hit. If it were possible, I'd sue them instead of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator