Callaway cited for pot

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be willing to bet that most here largely have no issue with medical use, but come on, we all know this wasn't medical.
Fact of the matter is, it's not about the weed itself, but the fact that there are rules attached to that free room and board, free top notch education, free food, and free platform to display their talents to an audience that could ultimately pay them millions and millions of dollars to just go out and play a GAME.
Even if pot was legalized nationwide, guess what, it'll still be pretty likely to remain against the rules in the sport.
If you can't accept the rules attached to the free schit, then to be honest, don't accept the free schit.

Throw in the fact that he was hanging with a 40 yr old felon too. This IS a big deal. It's not "just a little weed, it's no big deal." Callaway proved he can't be trusted (again).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Throw in the fact that he was hanging with a 40 yr old felon too. This IS a big deal. It's not "just a little weed, it's no big deal." Callaway proved he can't be trusted (again).
I've seen him say things before about coming up and what not, but he's gotta leave that garbage from back home behind because those douchebags are gonna drag his ass down, already are.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Would this be a big deal at all to most of you if it was a citation for open container? Or under age drinking? Drinking alcohol will definitely lead you to more trouble than smoking pot. This is a non-issue. Have him run stadium steps and tell him to keep his pot at home or to be more careful since there are still (outdated and ridiculous) laws about it.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Also the fact he was with a guy that served time in the offseason is not a big deal. Maybe he just needs to be more careful with his weed. That's it. I'm sure a bunch of guys on our team know somebody back home or have family members that maybe served time. How does that make this guy that you or I don't know at all a bad guy automatically? Were they doing anything else illegal other than a lil weed? Is this just troll talk on here from Fsu fans? Do you guys wanna win or not? Every team in the country has guys that smoke weed or hangout in their off time with possibly the wrong crowd. This kid puts in work and he's a Gator. How about having his back a little. Or just don't cheer I guess when he's scoring TDs for the Gators this year. If you're really even a gator fan.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
9.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also the fact he was with a guy that served time in the offseason is not a big deal. Maybe he just needs to be more careful with his weed. That's it. I'm sure a bunch of guys on our team know somebody back home or have family members that maybe served time. How does that make this guy that you or I don't know at all a bad guy automatically? Were they doing anything else illegal other than a lil weed? Is this just troll talk on here from Fsu fans? Do you guys wanna win or not? Every team in the country has guys that smoke weed or hangout in their off time with possibly the wrong crowd. This kid puts in work and he's a Gator. How about having his back a little. Or just don't cheer I guess when he's scoring TDs for the Gators this year. If you're really even a gator fan.
or maybe you could just learn to read? :dunno:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't go as far to say it is NOT a big deal. It was just a citation alone, do your time, pay your fine, and move on. But in this situation there are some alarming issues that show Cally may be on a road he doesn't need to travel.

1. Doing something Mac already busted your azz for last year.
2. Getting him some thug time with a felon, not good company to be hangin' with if he wants to stay on this team.
3. He does not need anymore legal issues with the exposure he got last year.

After all the crap he went through last year, he needs to stay out of the things that can lead him to making stupid decisions. What worries me more than the citation is the fact he seems that he's not able to make good choices. I'll have his back but he had to make good on his end too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He has probably forced Mac's hand as far as the Michigan game goes due to his past actions despite this being months from that game. Mac would lose credibility with the other players probably after suspending Scarlett and Thompson for a game when they had no prior issue like Callaway if he didn't at least suspend him for the opener.

Oct 5, 2014
Would this be a big deal at all to most of you if it was a citation for open container? Or under age drinking? Drinking alcohol will definitely lead you to more trouble than smoking pot. This is a non-issue. Have him run stadium steps and tell him to keep his pot at home or to be more careful since there are still (outdated and ridiculous) laws about it.

This is another "logical" response from another habitual lawbreaker.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Beeotchie says: "Gators must suspend Callaway for Michigan game after being arrested while hanging out with 40-year-old career criminal"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...s+(OrlandoSentinel.com+-+Florida+Gators+News)

have fun.:lol:

Well no doubt we'll end up doling out more of a punishment than Fsu or Bama ever would, even if it ends up hurting us. But if it was up to me I would play him against Michigan, heck I'd play Dunlap in the 2009 Sec Championship Game. Just win baby!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He has probably forced Mac's hand as far as the Michigan game goes due to his past actions despite this being months from that game. Mac would lose credibility with the other players probably after suspending Scarlett and Thompson for a game when they had no prior issue like Callaway if he didn't at least suspend him for the opener.

Bowden seemed to constantly give out 2nd and 3rd chances, never seemed to lose credibility with his players. Heck it probably help his recruiting a ton.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Well maybe this whole situation is a little misleading. Maybe Calloway and Lewis were driving around and spotted this guy on side of the road with car trouble. They stopped to help him, then offered him a ride to a friends house or something, then this guy decided to reward their good deed with some free weed. Now what college aged guy is going to turn that down. But they forgot to buckle up and we're pulled over and the rest is history. Calloway decide to unselfishly take the punishment for Lewis and say the weed was his and not theirs, thus keeping Lewis out of trouble. If Calloway goes with this story, coach Mac is probably dumb enough to believe it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well with this situation three things will need to remedy this problems if he is suspended for the opener.

Cleveland
Massey
Powell

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still pretending Powell is a good receiver because of that one block and one catch three years ago?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Who cares if he can be trusted. He just needs to run routes, catch footballs. Occasionally block down field.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How likely is it that the old felon was pitching Callaway a way to make a lot of money from college kids through sly matters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb