Callaway going Pro

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly I'd be surprised if he was drafted at all. Major issues with drugs and of course the credit card thing. Think about it: Callaway only ever had that one amazing catch vs Tennessee, even his best season was pretty crappy. It's like saying Feleipe Franks is the next Johnny Football because of that long run vs A&M.

Good riddance.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think so? I don’t remember his measurables being off the chart. Not particularly tall. Not particularly fast. But very good with the ball in his hands. So his tape is going to be really good – I’m just not so sure that his combine is going to be great.

Along with 20-30 other prospects with less red flag, that could be faster, stronger with similar skills. And his tape is over a year old at this point. Would you get a guy who might be marginally better than another prospect, with the issues Callaway has had high in the draft? He was the 4th or 5th listed underclassman WR before all this season happened. So he is competing with other underclassman and seniors with a year of fresh tape for NFL scouts to look at with potentially less off the field issues. He was a second day pick before the issues, with a good/great combine and/or pro day he might be a 3rd day pick.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Along with 20-30 other prospects with less red flag, that could be faster, stronger with similar skills. And his tape is over a year old at this point. Would you get a guy who might be marginally better than another prospect, with the issues Callaway has had high in the draft? He was the 4th or 5th listed underclassman WR before all this season happened. So he is competing with other underclassman and seniors with a year of fresh tape for NFL scouts to look at with potentially less off the field issues. He was a second day pick before the issues, with a good/great combine and/or pro day he might be a 3rd day pick.

Well that’s not what I said. I said I don’t think he’ll have a good combine.

Probably a 5th or 6th round pick.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well that’s not what I said. I said I don’t think he’ll have a good combine.

Probably a 5th or 6th round pick.

I think a good/great combine (which includes interviews) he will be a 3rd day pick (5-7 round) without it, UFA. Too many players with similar skills and less red flags.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was the best move. UF couldn't let him back PR wise, plus Mullen probably didn't want the headache. He will go mid to late and if he works out get a big 2nd contract.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't a surprise... with all the trouble AC has gotten into you had to think he is going to go pro. I think he will be a good pick for whoever he ends up on as long as he gets his act together. He has all the skills necessary to be a very productive NFL receiver.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bank on it: Calloway will be drafted by the Tennessee Titans.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cant wait to see the scouting reports about his route running "skill".... coz he has none.

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Look I’m disappointed to see him go because I felt like we were always waiting on him to be cleared of some off the field controversy, and to produce at the level of which he was capable. The guy has talent and if the Grier scandal hadn’t of gone down, Callaway would have been our 1st 1K yard WR in a decade. I’m sure Mullen told him to hit the bricks because he’s proven himself incapable of staying out of trouble, and with the heightened focus on off field issues in the current NFL climate, he’s going to be a late round pick if anything in the draft. The guy will be used as a cautionary tale for incoming players around UF for years. What a waste.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any word on Scarlett? My guess is he is probably gone also. I think only a few freshman may survive that scandal to remain on the team.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Any word on Scarlett? My guess is he is probably gone also. I think only a few freshman may survive that scandal to remain on the team.
Scarlett may get some 3rd-4th round love. NFL chews up backs and he would be as fresh a back as you could get considering he's got no wear on his body for over a year and I think he will test well for the position. Doesn't seem like a bad guy like Calloway, just made a bad decision

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett may get some 3rd-4th round love. NFL chews up backs and he would be as fresh a back as you could get considering he's got no wear on his body for over a year and I think he will test well for the position. Doesn't seem like a bad guy like Calloway, just made a bad decision

I doubt he gets drafted with this baggage now or will be 7th round. He sucks at blocking and cant hit holes good. That breaking tackle stuff isn't as effective at the NFL level. I agree he isn't an idiot like Callaway.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is amazing how far Callaway has fallen. Many draft guys had him as a top 10 receiver. He will be on a roster though come training camp next season. So, he'll get his chance if he can stay clean.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What... dude has like a 4 catch memorable collegiate career... dime a dozen bust if the attitude, friend associations and work ethic doesn't change :cool:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It is amazing how far Callaway has fallen. Many draft guys had him as a top 10 receiver. He will be on a roster though come training camp next season. So, he'll get his chance if he can stay clean.
He obviously can’t stay clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.