Callaway offered plea deal

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Which is exactly why he should be suspended. That and the fact he was riding around with the dope man. At some point he's gotta learn some accountability.

Which is why you sit him for the Northern Colorado game. Lol

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Time for Mac's "He a great kid and yet he made choice. You know what I mean?" speech.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely you suspend him.......for the Northern Colorado game. Missing your first home game of the season is more important than Meatchicken in Big D, right? :dunno:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think you send a real message and suspend him for the 1st two games. These kids just don't get it man, why risk draft stock (even though I don't think he goes the first 2 rounds anyway) on stuff like this. If your going to do stuff like that always have an idiot who will carry it for you so If the police are out doing their job it's not on you its on the person carrying it for you. This goes for all times. If you're buying drugs to take home have some carry it to your dorm. Never have it in your car or pockets. Or and i know this is a stretch for some but just don't do drugs. I know it's hard for some because they "really" need to smoke weed and get high to go about their day. I'm obviously being sarcastic if you couldn't tell. I personally thing drugs are stupid and people who need it in life are weak minded no offense to anyone on here that chooses to go that route just my opinion. Now anyone who truly needs it (like people with cancer, or real vision problems) is different to me in talking about ones that do it just to get high. Just my $.02

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think you send a real message and suspend him for the 1st two games. These kids just don't get it man, why risk draft stock (even though I don't think he goes the first 2 rounds anyway) on stuff like this. If your going to do stuff like that always have an idiot who will carry it for you so If the police are out doing their job it's not on you its on the person carrying it for you. This goes for all times. If you're buying drugs to take home have some carry it to your dorm. Never have it in your car or pockets. Or and i know this is a stretch for some but just don't do drugs. I know it's hard for some because they "really" need to smoke weed and get high to go about their day. I'm obviously being sarcastic if you couldn't tell. I personally thing drugs are stupid and people who need it in life are weak minded no offense to anyone on here that chooses to go that route just my opinion. Now anyone who truly needs it (like people with cancer, or real vision problems) is different to me in talking about ones that do it just to get high. Just my $.02

I'm personally tired of pulling for the team that always seems to do the right thing in these situations and then watch our rivals do everything in their power to make sure their star players play regardless of what they've done. Handle it internally and let him play. Mac needs to win games, coaches can say it's their job to help mold these boys into high character men and all that, and they should try to be a positive influence on their players. But accomplishing that and getting your players to graduate ain't what secures your job it winning, period. Chances are Calloway already messed up his draft stock some and that's on him, let's at least get all we can out of him while he's here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Put me in the category of "handling it internally" when it comes to things like weed. I honestly see no gain from a suspension. He's old enough to know he shouldn't be in that company, and is also fully aware of the potential consequences of his actions, including the impact on his NFL stock, especially after his previous legal issue. And yet, he still did it. The idea that sitting out a game would create some epiphany for him is silly. It amounts to little more than a punishment for all the other players who aren't being knuckleheads, not to mention the fans.

I may be alone here, but while it is a nice ancillary element of the coach-athlete relationship, it's not Mac or any other coach's job to instill accountability. If you're having to tell a 20 year old that they shouldn't be friends with drug dealers, I'm afraid that ship has sailed. If a player's offenses are that bad, kick him off the team. If you're content having them still represent the school and your team, then punish them internally and move on. Telling him he can't play in one or two arbitrary games accomplishes nothing.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Put me in the category of "handling it internally" when it comes to things like weed. I honestly see no gain from a suspension. He's old enough to know he shouldn't be in that company, and is also fully aware of the potential consequences of his actions, including the impact on his NFL stock, especially after his previous legal issue. And yet, he still did it. The idea that sitting out a game would create some epiphany for him is silly. It amounts to little more than a punishment for all the other players who aren't being knuckleheads, not to mention the fans.

I may be alone here, but while it is a nice ancillary element of the coach-athlete relationship, it's not Mac or any other coach's job to instill accountability. If you're having to tell a 20 year old that they shouldn't be friends with drug dealers, I'm afraid that ship has sailed. If a player's offenses are that bad, kick him off the team. If you're content having them still represent the school and your team, then punish them internally and move on. Telling him he can't play in one or two arbitrary games accomplishes nothing.

Nicely done with the "and yet"

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When a person is stupid enough to hang around a guy with an extensive arrest record, a one game suspension isn't going to help. I'm not sure what Mac can do, but it needs to be something else. It needs to be impactful.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

You would like him not to play against Michigan.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You would like him not to play against Michigan.
Id like to send him a message that possibly changes his life. This is his 2nd time being in a situation where he could be suspended so it's obvious he still thinks he can do whatever he wants. Sometimes 1 game don't get the point across so maybe he needs 2-3 games to really get the point across that you have to go by the rules. It's more important to me that he understands that for his future than him playing and nothing changes in his life. And yes he could serve that suspension and nothing change but maybe it does change his life who knows but I'm in favor of possibly changing his life

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Id like to send him a message that possibly changes his life. This is his 2nd time being in a situation where he could be suspended so it's obvious he still thinks he can do whatever he wants. Sometimes 1 game don't get the point across so maybe he needs 2-3 games to really get the point across that you have to go by the rules. It's more important to me that he understands that for his future than him playing and nothing changes in his life. And yes he could serve that suspension and nothing change but maybe it does change his life who knows but I'm in favor of possibly changing his life

Right - whatever to hopefully get us more losses.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You're naive if you think the one game suspension is a deterrent. Punish him where it hurts. Punish those closest to him. His roommate, his position group. There's a reason the military does ti that way. Accountability to your peers is what kids understand if they understand anything at all.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
It appears that the law views this offense worthy of a slap on the wrist and at this point a football equivalent would probably be warranted. The dubious associations are actually far more concerning as the CEO of the Gator brand, because dirt bag hanger-ons can rot your program from the inside out. That guy needs to be banned from campus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nicely done with the "and yet"
It was a nice try. Let me take a swing.

It was marijuana. You know what I mean? At least it gives you somethig to talk about. We may handle it. Or maybe it's deal where we have him run the stairs kinda deal. And yet he made choices. You know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.