Calling FireFoley...Where ya at now?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't recall people wanting Foley fired for hiring Mike White. I thought they wanted him fired for going cheap on the football program the last decade and letting it decline?

Anyways great win last night. Good to see the basketball team improving.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you're spouting liberalism, progressive left or media love-fest drivel in the PF, you're gonna get your hypocrite a$$ slammed
... just saying.

OP, nobody despises the Gators here... everybody's impatience with being out of the Football Castle is expressed differently. It ranges from F-this to Give it time... pretty normal. We seemed to have found an early basketball groove. Here's to keeping it focused. Go Gators!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79 yet another hater and complainer OWNED and DESTROYED by this HUGE DOMINATION over UK. Gatorbait baby!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All your Gator Trolls, Haters, and Complainers were saying ALL year that we will be measured by how we play vs UK and now you don't care that we CRUSHED them. Its almost like you are butthurt that we DESTROYED them. Gator fans you are NOT. Unhappy Trolls you are. GATORBAIT!!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kind of new here.....we hate our basketball team too? We don't like Mike White? Damn.

I really like this team. They're not going to win the national championship this year but they will have a solid season. They are fun to watch and I think White is a young Billy D. He'll do well with the program.

Egbunu and Hayes are effective in the middle. Hayes is high energy at all times. Robinson, Leon and Barry have shown ability to knock down shots and attack the rim. Kavaungh Allen is streaky and needs more consistency but can also put the team on his back at times. Hill and Chiozza have been running the point well. I like the new kid Hester and I think Keith Stone will develop into an all around threat. We play good defense. Just need more consistency on offense particularly on outside shooting and free throws.

I like this team. Fun to watch and they work hard. 18-5 and should crack the top 20. Go Gators! If you have not been to the new o'dome you should treat yourself soon. Great arena and high energy.
FireFoley is a GCMB member who has been a little down on the BB team this year, even when they win by 30+. He's a die-hard Gator fan and attends the BB games - though he left the game on Thursday vs. Mizzou because he said he couldn't watch a team that was that bad. I don't know about you, but I like watching our team dominate a conference opponent, whether it be Mizzo or KY. FF's a special case, but we still love him, expecially Jboss. :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at this thread and if we make the Sweet 16 at least and open up with a win over Michigan in football things may be close to getting back to normal a little bit. Hopefully anyway.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BsDGt5iCIAA_TSr.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please put me down as no fan of Foley. Great non-football AD though.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Yes I watched the game. I watch every game. In person as often as I can get up there. Seeing as you are asking questions I'll ask one? Did you actually read my post? It was not a game analysis of last night. It was my response to discovering many on the board don't like our basketball team or our coach.

Egbunu and Hayes have been effective although they need more consistency. You will never be able to evaluate Hayes based entirely on statistics. He is a very high energy player who plays good defense and especially good help defense. He is unpolished offensively but developing. He put on some weight this past off season but needs another 15-20 lbs. he has the frame to support it. Let me tell you something....you win with kids like Kevarrious.

Last night both of them were saddled with foul trouble and could not establish any rhythm. In one instance Hayes came in during the second half and was immediately whistled again. Back to the pine after 10 seconds.

We overcame it anyway. They acted like Gators.

By the way all UF even if it was nearly 40 years ago. But what's your beef with Santa Fe? I know plenty of Gators you started there.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am here. That was a great performance by the team last nite, especially defensively, not going to take anything away from them. But I don;t sway by the results of one game either way. If they can continue that effort and also make more strides offensively, I have said all along that this was a good team, and that was the frustrating part. But to show you how I watch games, did anyone else hear what was said by two separate people, one at halftime (an objective watcher) and one by Rick Barry (strictly a fan)? Both said that in the first half we had some very questionable shot selection, especially early and rushed 3 point shots. This is not to put down the performance or the effort, but just trying to show how many of us watch games. if all those shots go in, no one cares. But I am always looking to the future and where improvement can easily be had. And shot selection is easily self controllable. I have always said Mike's weakest attribute is half court offense, x's and o's. I have also said that I think his kids play hard for him, especially on the defensive end, just not always smartly. I have not wavered on my views. It is just most of you interpret my comments incorrectly 99% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.