Calloway gets named starter, then gets arrested hours later

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a friggin' :bandit: to the 10 x 10 to the -10, but I'd sure as hell stop if I could make millions. There's always retirement in 10 years or less if you're smart with your money. But I digress..................

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway says that it's puffed up charges

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like a happy guy. :lol:
ap_18219780463284-e1533680788892.jpg

Dumbass!
tenor.gif

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I hope the Brownies spent a whole lotta money on Callaweed. It'll delay the time until he's bagging groceries at Publix.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Browns: Mayfield to Callaway for a 54-yard TOUCHDOWN

#CLEvsNYG

Damn...the kid is so talented. Hope he can figure out a way to stay in the league and stop sabotaging his chances.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn...the kid is so talented. Hope he can figure out a way to stay in the league and stop sabotaging his chances.

Sabotage? What sabotage? Seems to me he's getting everything he wanted despite his f**k ups along the way. When it comes to the hypocrisy of the NFL and college football you can be just about any kind of miscreant and get a thousand chances...... if you're talented. Lets review:

-Calloway gets accused of sexual assault that judging by his history probably happened. His excuse as to why he couldn't have done it was because he was "too high". He get's off scot free and doesn't miss a game.

-Then he's arrested for pot possesion. He just happened to be riding with a 40 year old POS who's rap sheet included battery, cocaine possession, drug trafficking, grand theft, and lewd and lascivious behavior with a child 12 to 16 years of age. So Calloway gets suspended for ONE game.

-Then he is involved in the credit card fraud that includes multiple felonies and he's not kicked off the team but rather suspended from having to practice or play but still maintains his free tuition, meals, room and board etc.. Then he declares for the draft without playing another down and avoids having to go to anymore classes that he no doubt hated anyway and is given his shot at the NFL a year earlier than he would have. Bonus.

-Then he tests positive at the combine and guess what? That's right, he still get's drafted and signs a $3.1 million contract.

-Then 2 days before he's scheduled to start in his first NFL game he gets popped for pot yet again. Guess what? That's right, he starts anyway and scores a touchdown and is treated like a hero from his adoring fans, coaches and teammates.

So what we see here is a classic example of how never really having to suffer the consequences of your actions will never make you change your actions. In fact, if anything being a total f**k up has worked in Calloway's favor. He's gotten a jump start on his million dollar career and in the world of the NFL, unless he kills somebody he's golden. He's learning his "lessons" well.

o_O

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sabotage? What sabotage? Seems to me he's getting everything he wanted despite his f**k ups along the way. When it comes to the hypocrisy of the NFL and college football you can be just about any kind of miscreant and get a thousand chances...... if you're talented. Lets review:

-Calloway gets accused of sexual assault that judging by his history probably happened. His excuse as to why he couldn't have done it was because he was "too high". He get's off scot free and doesn't miss a game.

-Then he's arrested for pot possesion. He just happened to be riding with a 40 year old POS who's rap sheet included battery, cocaine possession, drug trafficking, grand theft, and lewd and lascivious behavior with a child 12 to 16 years of age. So Calloway gets suspended for ONE game.

-Then he is involved in the credit card fraud that includes multiple felonies and he's not kicked off the team but rather suspended from having to practice or play but still maintains his free tuition, meals, room and board etc.. Then he declares for the draft without playing another down and avoids having to go to anymore classes that he no doubt hated anyway and is given his shot at the NFL a year earlier than he would have. Bonus.

-Then he tests positive at the combine and guess what? That's right, he still get's drafted and signs a $3.1 million contract.

-Then 2 days before he's scheduled to start in his first NFL game he gets popped for pot yet again. Guess what? That's right, he starts anyway and scores a touchdown and is treated like a hero from his adoring fans, coaches and teammates.

So what we see here is a classic example of how never really having to suffer the consequences of your actions will never make you change your actions. In fact, if anything being a total f**k up has worked in Calloway's favor. He's gotten a jump start on his million dollar career and in the world of the NFL, unless he kills somebody he's golden. He's learning his "lessons" well.

o_O

Excellent summary. The system has enabled him repeatedly, likely to his long term detriment, and he hasn’t responded to the (inadequate) warnings and suspensions etc. It’s a shame and unless he eventually gets the memo this won’t end well. But why would he?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Serious question: when Callaway and Mac were alone in a room together, what is higher: their combined IQs or the room temperature?

I doubt they kept the room over 80, so against my instinct I'll go w/ IQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb