Calloway gets named starter, then gets arrested hours later

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway's next paying gig will likely be as a cast member in the third remake of The Longest Yard. You can fix a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Sadly, he's probably wondering "what's the big deal?"

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Callaway's next paying gig will likely be as a cast member in the third remake of The Longest Yard. You can fix a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Sadly, he's probably wondering "what's the big deal?"

And yet, it appears the Browns believed his story about the contraband belonging to someone else. I hope his account is true, far-fetched as it may sound. It would be great to see him grow up off and field and have a good pro career.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And yet, it appears the Browns believed his story about the contraband belonging to someone else. I hope his account is true, far-fetched as it may sound. It would be great to see him grow up off and field and have a good pro career.
It would indeed be great if he could grow up and have a good pro career. My greatest fear for kids like him is that the clutches of his raising, peer group, environment, etc. is so tight that he is not open or aware of the need for changes. Being a gifted athlete can sometimes be as much curse as blessing.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

From everything I’ve read recently there is a rather large percentage of pro athletes who regularly smoke weed. Some for true medical reasons and others because they just like it. The question is how do most go their entire careers without popping or getting arrested and a few others regularly get caught.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think I was in college the last time I smoked weed. The stuff now is 15 to 20 times more potent. Hell, we couldn't keep a straight face when we got stoned. How would you keep it together when the stuff is that strong?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I think I was in college the last time I smoked weed. The stuff now is 15 to 20 times more potent. Hell, we couldn't keep a straight face when we got stoned. How would you keep it together when the stuff is that strong?
Don't smoke a whole joint at one sitting?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is still Mexican ditch weed out there. But some many more powerful options too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't smoke a whole joint at one sitting?
No doubt. I think some of these kids do it as an escape from the stress around them. After awhile, it becomes a crutch. My own son does it. I'm not thrilled that he does, but he's off and his own and I can't stop him.

It's at this point that someone usually chimes in that pot isn't addictive. I get it. It isn't like opioids. I know that from my own experience as a teen. My response is anything that becomes a crutch is one and the same.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt. I think some of these kids do it as an escape from the stress around them. After awhile, it becomes a crutch. My own son does it. I'm not thrilled that he does, but he's off and his own and I can't stop him.

It's at this point that someone usually chimes in that pot isn't addictive. I get it. It isn't like opioids. I know that from my own experience as a teen. My response is anything that becomes a crutch is one and the same.
Do you drink?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Well at least if you stop smoking pot, it doesn't take weeks of withdraw like from opioids.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is still Mexican ditch weed out there. But some many more powerful options too.
Jamaican and Panama Red when I was a kid. And, of course, hash. The latter was pretty potent stuff, but apparently nothing like the stuff on the streets now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many times have you heard "Pot ruined my family"....now, how many times have you heard "Alcohol ruined my family"...yeah, me too.
Don't kid yourself. I know many middle aged adults who failed to live up to their potential because they couldn't give up weed. But no question booze can wreck lives and families. Just look at Zach Smith. I can almost guarantee he's an alcoholic.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Don't kid yourself. I know many middle aged adults who failed to live up together potential because they couldn't give up weed. But no question booze can wreck lives and families. Just look at Zach Smith. I can almost guarantee he's an alcoholic.

My parents were SEVERE alcoholics and my dad drank himself into a coma and was in intensive care for 2 weeks at 90 pounds and not expected to survive but made it thru. They told him if he drank again he would likely die from alcohol poisoning. He sobered up and lived until 72 years old. Mom was not as bad but still not good. We raised ourselves and got food from friends houses. I can attest to the affects of alcohol on a family. I have never heard anything even close to that about pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator