FSU in a dogfight with Northern Illinois

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone on their schedule is going to live in their backfield. They've given up 10 sacks(#113 in nation) already.
That of course doesn't take into account the dozens of times the QB has been hit.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Have a soft spot for the Huskies (they were one of the few schools to recruit me for football back in hs and it got me a free trip through Chicago as a senior!) and have followed the program over the years as a semi-interested neutral.

NIU has an impressive defense and that will keep this game close. They have one of the best DEs in the country in Sutton Smith--and before anyone screams "competition": they did well in non-conference games last year and this year too (should have beat Boston College last year and did beat Nebraska in Lincoln...and this year, it was 3-0 at half vs Iowa before they finally wore out from constant 3 and outs from their offense; similar story against Utah).

That said: they've shown absolutely no ability to move the ball on offense regardless of the opponent, so I don't really think that will change against the clowns. Their only hope is if they can muster up some defensive scores like they did against Nebraska last year and hold on from there (which is very possible).

Either way: Go Huskies!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I want F$U to lose every game the rest of the year. They can't fire him. Then maybe 6-6 next year. Improvement! They can't fire him. Then maybe he musters 8-4. Best season in years. Can't fire him. I could see this going on for a long time. Three seasons at least. Maybe after losing to Florida 3 years in a row and the 4th loss to Miami they might have to make a move mid 4th year.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nolies will be very “angry” after this last loss and will be out to “prove” their team and coach aren’t worthless. They score 60.
They should have been doing this the last 3 games. :)

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I see a trend at FSU. Bobby couldn't remember any of his players names during his last 12-15 years as coach and sucked his last 9 years as coach, yet wasn't canned till after 2009. Between 2001-2008 there was occasional false hope for greatness at FSU.
Mike Martin hasn't won a CWS during his almost 40 years at FSU along with Leonard Hamilton having just 2 decent seasons at FSU since taking over in 2002.
So what I'm saying is FSU could be stuck with brother Willie for several more years.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, still have my flying ear from my freshman year at NIU, or whatever I can remember of it. I got the hell out after that. A winter in DeKalb is like experiencing Siberia firsthand. View attachment 11113

Growing up, I spent three summers working for Dekalb in central Illinois detassling corn. Good times! :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Growing up, I spent three summers working for Dekalb in central Illinois detassling corn. Good times!
What a nutso place to be in 1973-74. I lived in the Lincoln Hall dorm on campus. Our RA had the storage closet chockfilled with weed. Our floor had a softball team. We nicknamed ourselves LIFE'S A BYTCH.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
On the Warchant podcast, they said the players are already quitting on Taggert. If they give up completely, don't they have to fire him after the season and eat the 20 million buyout? Yes, I've been listening to their podcast because it is hysterical. They've been playing REMs "Everybody Hurts" after returning from breaks. Noles in misery brings a smile to my face every time.

Ok, now see here, it's hard enough to do the Pick Em straight up but now we gotta do it against the spread. So don't go making this even harder by forcing us to have to know wthat's in the minds of 19 year old Semenholes.

Straight up, Noles.
ATS, this is tougher, prolly Noles but could easily be Huskies.
ATS + a demoralized FSU team where the players quite, Huskies all day!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Willie has identified the problem. Players need to let the coaches know that they don't understand their responsibilities. He says he will have the coaches start quizzing players on their responsibilities since they aren't speaking up in the meetings.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Willie has identified the problem. Players need to let the coaches know that they don't understand their responsibilities. He says he will have the coaches start quizzing players on their responsibilities since they aren't speaking up in the meetings.

I made it through 3 minutes, watching him struggle to read his own notes. Reminded me of Corrine Brown, who simply couldn't read. Looking at him bumble around actually made me think of Butters - how did those 2 clowns do so well in the interview process? How could you listen to this man and come away thinking he's the answer?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me guess, practice harder?

Ok.... I love the smile and wave at the start.

He is painful to listen to. I hope he is there forever.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Is this even real? He looks like one of us, or any random person, who's just thrilled to be getting paid and excited to be the head coach, but with absolutely no clue what he's doing. The constant sheepish smiling is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

It looks and sounds more like an interview with a player than a coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
11QE3tR.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I made it through 3 minutes, watching him struggle to read his own notes. Reminded me of Corrine Brown, who simply couldn't read. Looking at him bumble around actually made me think of Butters - how did those 2 clowns do so well in the interview process? How could you listen to this man and come away thinking he's the answer?

The difference is McElwain insisted on at least trying to sound smart and/or making it seem as if he had it all under control and that YOU were actually wrong in insinuating or asking a tough question. Thus the constant condescending tone and shifting of subjects to Montana and self-depreciating humor. It didn't completely work, but it gave a certain impression, especially early on.

This guy's just content to sound like a moron. He couldn't be happier. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is McElwain insisted on at least trying to sound smart and/or making it seem as if he had it all under control and that YOU were actually wrong in insinuating or asking a tough question. Thus the constant condescending tone and shifting of subjects to Montana and self-depreciating humor. It didn't completely work, but it gave a certain impression, especially early on.

This guy's just content to sound like a moron. He couldn't be happier. :lol:
Yeah, that's a guy that knows he's going to be filthy rich either way it goes. Must be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator