FSU in a dogfight with Northern Illinois

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Ive seen better speeches in a HS speech class. I got through 30 seconds and that was enough. It’s similar to a kid reading a book aloud for the first time. It sounds painful, but the end he smiles like he actually accomplished something

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is this even real? He looks like one of us, or any random person, who's just thrilled to be getting paid and excited to be the head coach, but with absolutely no clue what he's doing. The constant sheepish smiling is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

It looks and sounds more like an interview with a player than a coach.

I think he wears those glasses thinking it will fool people into believing he didn't ride the small bus to school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he wears those glasses thinking it will fool people into believing he didn't ride the small bus to school.
Can you imagine how bad the OTHER candidates must have been?

Well, this guy is a moron and has a losing record but he is better than....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think you’re giving their admin way too much credit. Bowden was a castaway they landed after WV wanted him gone. Then they lucked into Jimbo and had to be drug kicking and screaming to give him the actual reigns. This was the first real search they’ve had to conduct, likely in their entire careers. My guess is they came away impressed, excited they could make a trendy hire, and hopeful he’d accept their offer.

All the while, he was eating crayons on the plane and having to be guided through the airport like Rainman, en route back to Oregon.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Willie has identified the problem. Players need to let the coaches know that they don't understand their responsibilities. He says he will have the coaches start quizzing players on their responsibilities since they aren't speaking up in the meetings.

This guy doesn't know what a midline is. No doubt about it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I would not be surprised if he sounded like the next great fsu coach in the interview. It happens that way. Guarantee he did not look like deer in the headlights as after these losses and he probably even had a plan- perhaps intimated his Coordinators would come with as well. He's on an island now and way out of his comfort zone.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I took Syracuse last week but am hesitant this week....not really sure why.....
Because power 5 teams can usually beat the charleston southerns even when unprepared to face the competition of their conference. fsu should win this but it will at best be a moral victory.

If they lose this game, they aren’t favored in any other game this year. There’s a real chance Taggart takes the 5th most talented team in the country and leads them to a 1-11 campaign. Everyone on their schedule wants to take this opportunity and humiliate them. I’m here for it.
Oh yeah, every loss will be enjoyable. Lets hope by end of season they look lost and we look like we could be back.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
21F6BDB7-2C01-4212-B86E-A0FDAB3A9527.jpeg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That was painful to watch. Someone literally wrote his comments for him, and he still struggled to just read them off the page. This dude is WAY out of his depth. Almost feel bad for him. Almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.