Can FSU cover 34.5 points against Samford?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Over half their plays in Week 1 went for zero or negative yards. That is an astounding level of offensive incompetence that not even Butters achieved.

I'm leaning Samford at this point.

Discuss.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Over half their plays in Week 1 went for zero or negative yards. That is an astounding level of offensive incompetence that not even Butters achieved. I'm leaning Samford at this point.

Discuss.

They are always “angry” after a humiliating loss when a cupcake is up next. They will score 60.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Also, Samford beat the hell out of the Shorter Hawks in Week 1, 66-9. Their QB, a steely-eyed young man named Devlin Hodges, threw for 330 yards and 5 TD's.

I'm a Devlin Hodges nutswinger this weekend. :nutswinger:

It's time to take back this damn state.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They've had this short turnaround after Labor Day games before and laid an egg. More often than not, the teams who play on Labor Day come out flat the next week against what are usually FCS opponents. One good example is Virginia Tech lost to JMU several years back. You wonder if they can muster up the motivation on a 5 day turnaround to come out and kill an FCS team that was in the playoffs last year. They'll obviously win, but I don't think it's going to be a pretty win.

Also, Samford beat the hell out of the Shorter Hawks in Week 1, 66-9. Their QB threw for 330 yards and 5 TD's.
That's a Division II team, BTW. :lol:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

They can't cover if they lose.

giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for blowing the lid off this sleeper pick though. I had Samford to beat the spread and hardly anyone else did. I'm sure that will change now.

:finger:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for blowing the lid off this sleeper pick though. I had Samford to beat the spread and hardly anyone else did. I'm sure that will change now.

:finger:
Actually, over a third of the people picking already did.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I mean read this. They are going to be on fire:

"You've got to look and see what you did wrong first and foremost," Taggart said. "And be honest and real with yourself. If we did something bad then we've got to get it corrected. I thought our entire team owned up to what we did wrong, and I know those guys will come out and work well and do a good job.

"And we've got to make sure our guys understand what we did wrong and how we've got to get better. We didn't play a clean game. And we've got to understand what gets you beat in games and what wins ballgames. You've got to play smart, be sharp in what you're doing, and we just can't make those mental mistakes that we were making.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i had samford as well. I dont see the noles putting up 35 points against tackling dummies. they are putrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator