Can Miami cover 17.5 vs Syracuse?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprisingly, Syracuse looks tired and out of sync. They were probably due for a letdown after last Friday night, but not to take anything away from them or their system, but down 13-3 at the half, and this is why I have never been a fan of teams whose offense is built on just trying to confuse the defense. hurry up offenses are trying to get defenses to make mistakes, cause confusion and wear them down. But when you meet a team who is playing fundamentally sound, not giving you those mistake plays, it then becomes hard for you to beat them in football, per se. They are not blocking well at the point of attack and the QB is throwing balls in hopes his guys will be open, like he has become accustomed to players running free due to defensive errors in the past.
The fact that they've turned the ball over 4 times and are only down 10 is a minor miracle.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Got hand it to Cuse, I thought they were toast at half, but they hung around. They get behind the chains too often for my liking, but hey, they have become above average.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ultimately the turnovers did them in.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was at this game. A buddy of mine had club level seats from his firm. We snuck into the high end area, (this is the second time I've done something like this at that stadium) with leather seating and a top-shelf liquor available the whole game. We drank 12 year-old Flor de Cana all night and I was absolutely loaded when we finally staggered out of there. I was sober enough to note that the accounting major Syracuse has playing quarterback is terrible. He's a short version of Skylar Mornhinweg who thinks he can run. There is absolutely no way that guy could manage a career playing SEC opposition. The ACC is still vastly inferior to the SEC and Big Ten. They still play in front of half filled stadiums, and they still have Rick Moranis types playing QB. 20171021_180634.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.