Can the Mullen keep the momentum alive for 2019?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cautious I read to mean taking it slow with rehab.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
As goes the galloping giraffe, so goes the gators. Mullen might have a sophomore slump in store...he might not. Given the 'success' we've had in our first years under Chump and Butters, I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll hope for 9-10 wins, but expect 8.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Remember when Stricklin, Fuchs, et.al. flew to New Hampshire to talk to Chip Kelly? Remember the outburst of enthusiasm? Remember the anger and jilt when Kelly turned us down to go to UCLA? Remember the meh when Mullen was hired? Remember how it was pointed out by some that he had a mediocre record at a mediocre place called Starkvegas. But now looking back we are glad we hired Mullen. He turned out to be the right hire at the right place at the right time. He has created a huge amount of good will among the Gator faithful. I think that helps him to keep the momentum going into his second year.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
IMG_1163.JPG

We need to put this up in Mullen’s office

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A little premature their OJ. He hasnt won a thing yet. He hasnt even been to Atlanta. Hell he hasnt even beaten Kintucky.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

We need to put this up in Mullen’s office
This is about like McElstain claiming claiming Saban's success as his own.

Saban's defense hasnt missed a beat. Kirby Shart shyts the bed in multiple games a year.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
This is about like McElstain claiming claiming Saban's success as his own.

Saban's defense hasnt missed a beat. Kirby Shart shyts the bed in multiple games a year.

But the fact is Kirby is 2-0 vs Mullen as a head coach and we need to get back on track in the rivalry...the thing I don’t get is ppl are saying that because smart is a great recruiter he’s a good coach...he wins based on talent and that’s gonna be a non-issue here soon...we’re a couple years away from a good blue chip percentage and he’s in trouble...the fact that ppl say he’s a good coach really rubs me the wrong way...he walked into top five roster and was mediocre his first season...the fact is the easy like usual is pretty weak from the standpoint of talent rich teams that are in the west and I think Kirby getting a job somewhere like starkvegas means he’s fired after a couple seasons he relies on talent to save him and he couldn’t do that at a smaller school

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator