Can we beat Wisconsin?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I am hearing, seeing, and reading is ALL about Wisconsin. Its like they don't know we are playing them and EVERYONE has Wisconsin ALREADY advancing. I haven't seen a UF team dissed this much since we played OSU in 2006 for the NC in football. I REALLY hope our guys and coaches are seeing all of this and its extra motivation and a chip on our shoulder to DESTROY this team! Go Gators!!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only DESTROY them and not OWN them? WTF, man?
Boss getting soft?
tumblr_n4s4hpQp8K1r7ywqgo1_400.gif

He's just not drunk enough yet. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why 8th-seeded Wisconsin is suddenly considered unbeatable. :crazy:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think CBS Sports has us ranked round 10th of the 16 teams left most likely to win the NC.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think so. I hope so..... because our "new" young guys Gak & Stone are gaining confidence that will lead to their contributing more points along with more rebounds --- to go with Hayes' quicker jumping than Whisky "bigs"... if the refs call the fouls right.

Ohh aren't we overdue for Barry and K.Allen to catch fire somewhat = say 14 pts from Barry, 18 pts from K.Allen and then DRob dominates with 22 points. And our steady crew of Hayes, Leon, Stone & now Gak contribute like they have in our prior tournament games that kept us from elimination = they all join in to show/operate our "full potentialized" Gator team. With that UF will send Wisconsinners home to catch up on their schoolwork.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The coverage so far seems to have been decidedly "the other 15 teams excluding Florida".

Yes it does and to answer the question in the tread title yes UF can win. As I have said in a couple of other threads, I think to win UF needs for:

1. Allen too shot decently and he both is good and is due for a good shooting game.

2. Robinson to keep up his steady play. I think many have seen why he is an NBA prospect now and he needs keep playing hard.

3. Hill and Chiozza to keep up the temp all game long. Wisconsin is bulkier than UF and only plays about 7 players. UF needs to use that against them and having them shooting with dead legs late in the game.

4. Have Gak and Rimmer use their bulk to UF's advantage. Both have the bulk to defend, block off, defensively rebound when Hayes needs rest.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is, Wisconsin is potentially hearing all the same press. They could very well come in over-confident.

We've been this good without all of our guys contributing in their normal fashion. If everyone does what they're capable of, only whisky will help numb the pain for Wisconsin..... and cheese, apparently

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Analysts have forgotten that 11 days ago this team was shutdown in the 2nd half by Michigan and only scored 24 points in the Big 10 title game.

We are better than them across the board except for assists. We average more points and give up 16 less points per game.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like we are pretty clearly the favorite in the East now according to ESPN's BPI. This is showing the teams with the largest increase in odds of making it to the Final 4. We went from about an 11% chance to a 47% chance.

79455f1b-fa10-4e6c-ad33-8987a29efa71.png

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All good teams at this level. We have to play our very best basketball and let the chips fall where they may.

They are too big inside and we must run and shoot a good percentage from the arc, which we have proven we can do.

This is their 4th straight sweet sixteen.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why 8th-seeded Wisconsin is suddenly considered unbeatable. :crazy:
As posters on here said, they beat Nova so they are now better than Nova, who was the #1 overall seed, so now whisky is the new #1 seed

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

More accurately, I think the 'experts' believe FL is very beatable based on being picked to lose to ETSU...then UVA...now WISC.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
As posters on here said, they beat Nova so they are now better than Nova, who was the #1 overall seed, so now whisky is the new #1 seed

Hmm. Anyway the Vegas line is about UF -2 and 132. EDIT: That is a current prediction of UF 67 UWi 65.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator