Can we prioritize current team's weaknesses?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This does not go into the abilities at various positions, because as discussed above, we just can not know.
Yeah, you can. We stole half the roster and most of the OL from FIU/FAU. There is a reason for that.

Just having a guy with a pulse I guess is better than nothing, but is a far cry from being prepared for the SEC. Some of you are so committed to 3 star U.

Any decent coach will land top 5 classes most years and top 10 classes every year. We will be back quickly.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Excellent, informative post. Does"the short answer is '"No'", mean we can't prioritize team's weaknesses? I am confused on that.

Thanks for the kind words.

What I mean is that it is very hard to prioritize the weaknesses of this team or any team that a new coach is taking over. I say this for a number of reason.

1. UF's players have been way under coached. Some of them are better prospects than they have been able to show under the prior staff.

2. In any coaching change at any school there are some players who for any number of reasons did not play or play well under the old staff who surprise all the fans and play well for the new staff. I have seen this happen at various programs over the years. I have seen this even happen more often when a staff is fired, but I have even seen example with a good coach moves on. I guess this is the nature of managing 85 players.

3. And of course some players for any number of reasons may be worse under a new staff.

I do think that roster position analysis I did shows the complaints at D-tackle that have been voiced around here, but even that is not completely clear given that big DEs sometimes grow in to tackles.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Thanks for the kind words.

What I mean is that it is very hard to prioritize the weaknesses of this team or any team that a new coach is taking over. I say this for a number of reason.

1. UF's players have been way under coached. Some of them are better prospects than they have been able to show under the prior staff.

2. In any coaching change at any school there are some players who for any number of reasons did not play or play well under the old staff who surprise all the fans and play well for the new staff. I have seen this happen at various programs over the years. I have seen this even happen more often when a staff is fired, but I have even seen example with a good coach moves on. I guess this is the nature of managing 85 players.

3. And of course some players for any number of reasons may be worse under a new staff.

I do think that roster position analysis I did shows the complaints at D-tackle that have been voiced around here, but even that is not completely clear given that big DEs sometimes grow in to tackles.
Reads well enough in retrospect; I just wasn't getting your slant.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know. I know. Everyone just wants to rant that this team is all crap. It's not. There is a lot wrong with it, but not everything. My take:
1) I don't remember ever seeing such horrible kick coverage on a UF team, maybe any team. Both punts and kickoffs. I thought Pinero had probably been instructed to kick high and short of the end zone. We couldn't hold them inside the 25 and Townsend should just punt straight up.
2) QB, but that's been beat to death.
3) Wide receivers. Powell can catch and occasionally Cleveland. Guess the other guys got their stars because they separate so well. Oh, wait...
4) Pass blocking.
You left out fans having lost their grip and misplaced their midline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator