Can't wait: Jay Cutler brings his Dad Bod, IDGAF attitude to Miami Thursday

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Remember something about Adam Gase, the offensive genius. His great offenses were in Denver with Peyton Manning - everyone knew that Manning himself was the OC for those teams. After Manning hung it up, Gase's offenses have sucked balls - he's not a good OC by any stretch. Manning made Gase millions....he should have a painting of Peyton in his dining room.

He'll be fired within two years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I give this thread about five more posts before Ox is click baiting us into believing Manning was the architect of all those "great" Tennessee offenses of the mid-'90s.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are we trying to judge this move from a fantasy impact (which is no impact) or a team impact. Culter is a guy with more talent than anybody on the roster, and knows the system. If they saw enough in Moore in his 3 starts to think they could be solid with him, they wouldn't have looked at Kapernick, Tebow, Culter, and the rest of the garbage heap. Moore is what he is a backup quarterback. Culter is a one year bridge until they can get a real quarterback, nothing more, nothing less.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I give this thread about five more posts before Ox is click baiting us into believing Manning was the architect of all those "great" Tennessee offenses of the mid-'90s.
You're comparing 20 year old Manning to 38 year old Manning? He was calling all his own plays by the time he was an old dog in Denver.

Didn't realize you were such a Gase nutswinger. Based on what?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're comparing 20 year old Manning to 38 year old Manning? He was calling all his own plays by the time he was an old dog in Denver.

Didn't realize you were such a Gase nutswinger. Based on what?

That's pure poppycock that Manning called the plays. Gase called the plays. Did Manning have authority to check off? Of course he did. Rodgers does, too, but that doesn't mean either of them calls the plays or runs the ball. They don't. Gase was the architect of the Denver offense and, coincidentally or not, it was one of the NFL's top offenses both years with him running the show.

What Gase did in Chicago was reign in Cutler so that his picks went down, his completion percentage went up and his overall rating went up. Gase believes in him, hence why they were willing to position him as the second largest user of cap space on the Miami roster. What Cutler brings that Moore doesn't is the ability to stretch the field. That's why he'll be starting instead of Moore.

Checkmate.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
If nothing else, Cutler is honest. No facade. No stale cliches during interviews. Got to respect that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Checkmate.
I guess we'll see. You're living in a fantasy land if you think Culter is going to light it up in Gase's garbage offense. His stats stunk with him in 2015, and they will yet again. No reason to think otherwise.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I once asked a co- worker, "If you were in a foxhole with Jay Cutler or Tyler Bray, and your life was in their hands, which one would you pick?" I thought his face was going to twist off before saying he can't decide.

Well, with Cutler the foxhole would have been too deep to fire out of and with Brey, too shallow cause his arms encountered a football-size rock he couldn't move. :D

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
mediocrity is the penance for being the only undefeated team in NFL history

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That would be a harying situation. Kap & wife would start proselytizing for illegal aliens to get season tickets free.

Kap wouldn't be smart for the Dolphins, he has made some pro Castro comments in the last year. Not a good look if you're in Miami.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kap wouldn't be smart for the Dolphins, he has made some pro Castro comments in the last year. Not a good look if you're in Miami.

Forgot that he & his gal's concern for the downtrodden incorporated admiration for Fidel.

I'm sure I've told this before but let's not let that stop me.

When I lived in Miami, I had a "dive-buddy" that at age 14 was smuggled out of Cuba by nuns, wearing a nun's habit.
At age 14 Castro conscripted all the boys. Took them away from family & home to raise them as military. So Rodo volunteered to be a "pacifist" temp-nun. That was his bravery through danger adventure route for to take to personal freedom in the USA -- plenty aunts & uncles already established here.

Rod (Rodrego) was smart, with a photographic memory. He loved Opel cars (?), drove one & always had one "in the yard" under repair. He was an easy salesman of industrial cleaning supplies. His Cuban business clients were 100% loyal. But Rodo had little ambition. For his workday, he'd go to the "video game parlors" for 6 hours, feel guilt and go sell for 2 hours.

One day he took me to meet his Cuban friends who owned a really large Scuba shop. He had me bring some dental pic-type instruments that were great for pulling out the embedded worn-out "o-rings"in scuba tanks & gear. Handed over the instruments and greeted shook hands with each of three super-polite men, who spoke to me in perfect soft-spoken english. Once Rodo & I got across the store a ways, Rodo leans over and whispers: "That second guy you shook hands with scuba-ed into Havana Harbor, Hotel and blew it up when Russian officials were first meeting there with Castro." The operation was a failure, no bad-guys got-it. Yes, they "launched" that UW-raid from Miami. Anyway, they sold a dive-line that I had no knowledge of at the time because it was just starting out = CressiSub. [Don't tell anybody about this.]

Last edited:

Murph265

May 30, 2017
And what exactly makes Jay Cutler better? Not only is he an awful QB, he's a locker room cancer and the fans that don't despise him now certainly will by the end of the year. Including you.
Right on, right on, right on....The Bears players hated him. The Chicago fans hated him. He laid down in one of the biggest games of his career. Cutler.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we'll see. You're living in a fantasy land if you think Culter is going to light it up in Gase's garbage offense. His stats stunk with him in 2015, and they will yet again. No reason to think otherwise.

I don't think he'll light it up. I don't think Gase thinks he'll light it up. I think Gase thinks he can get more out of Cutler than any other coach in the NFL, and he may be right given given how within himself Cutler played in 2015. Gase's got more to gain than lose. He's playing with Ross' money and yet who's gonna blame the coach if the Dolphins lose with their starter out?

It may end up being a shrewd move. On the other hand, it's Jay Cutler. As I said earlier, feast or famine.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cutler's about to lose his ass:

I would expect there are a great many insufferably arrogant douche bags just now suddenly finding themselves as surprised and shell-shocked participants in the family civil court system. Cutler was an easy candidate for this predictable outcome. I have no doubt Kristen had enough of him right around day two of the quarantine, possibly sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator