Canyon Barry Sets Florida Free Throw Record By Shooting Granny-Style Like His Dad, Rick

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you haven't tried it it's amazing how accurate you can be. I agree with Rick Barry calling out professional BB players who shoot free throws in the 40/50% range and refuse to try it. You're paid millions of dollar to score points, not worry about your street cred. If I owned a team I'd demand it of my bad FT shooting players.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you haven't tried it it's amazing how accurate you can be. I agree with Rick Barry calling out professional BB players who shoot free throws in the 40/50% range and refuse to try it. You're paid millions of dollar to score points, not worry about your street cred. If I owned a team I'd demand it of my bad FT shooting players.

I've mentioned before, so sorry. A kinesiology recording shows that overhand throwing motions cause untoward extra-binding joint-ligament forces near impossible at allowing you to repeat exactly. While underhand throwing of any kind near exactly repeats smooth movements, thus repeatable control.(This has again & again long ago been viewed on that kinescope body-recording where mechanical "turmoil" pops up in a flash of red heat. Plus the overhand release point is even with the FT line. A 6'8" or taller guy's underhand release point is 2.5 to 3 feet beyond the FT line = the shorter the shot flight the higher % of goals made.
Some coach should ask Barry if he thought a ~ 50% FT shooter could learn to hit 52% in 2-3 days practice.??? Best control of the ball results in best control of the whole game, even for the win.
Lord, if we could just get the BB coaches to religiously to follow GatChat like our FB coaches ?
xx

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad he's a good guy this year. I hope he helps his team win an SEC Championship or two and then win it all!

:chomp:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My wife heard a podcast with Rick one time and said that Shaq tried it but he said he was to embarrassed to do it in a game.............

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great comments, I wonder if he would stay another year to finish his degree as a graduate assistant. Surely he does not need the money, but if the NBA is calling I bet he is going. I see a future in coaching for him as well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
My wife heard a podcast with Rick one time and said that Shaq tried it but he said he was to embarrassed to do it in a game.............
The old Hack a Shaq. Every opponents favorite weapon at crunch time. Would have been nice to see try it still least once in a game. Wouldn't have hurt to show how desperate the Magic and Lakers were to improve his FT%.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GR8 2B, 'cause you made that egregious error of liking my 7 posts up, I've fleshed it out more propperly to reread for filing away in that memory-holster, for a quick-draw in some later debate ... in case GatChat ever attracts any "no-it-alls" who poo-poo logic-linked-to-science. ??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've mentioned before, so sorry. A kinesiology recording shows that overhand throwing motions cause untoward extra-binding joint-ligament forces near impossible at allowing you to repeat exactly. While underhand throwing of any kind near exactly repeats smooth movements, thus repeatable control.(This has again & again long ago been viewed on that kinescope body-recording where mechanical "turmoil" pops up in a flash of red heat. Plus the overhand release point is even with the FT line. A 6'8" or taller guy's underhand release point is 2.5 to 3 feet beyond the FT line = the shorter the shot flight the higher % of goals made.
Some coach should ask Barry if he thought a ~ 50% FT shooter could learn to hit 52% in 2-3 days practice.??? Best control of the ball results in best control of the whole game, even for the win.
Lord, if we could just get the BB coaches to religiously follow GatChat like our FB coaches ?

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
GR8 2B, 'cause you made that egregious error of liking my 7 posts up, I've fleshed it out more propperly to reread for filing away in that memory-holster, for a quick-draw in some later debate ... in case GatChat ever attracts any "no-it-alls" who poo-poo logic-linked-to-science. ??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord, if we could just get the BB coaches to religiously follow GatChat like our FB coaches ?
You are one funny dude, Rog! I enjoy your posts very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.