Car Thread

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chief, the fact that you drive a Camry fits you, old hoss. Very neutral and logical.
Chief is a treasure to this board. He's frank, honest and he always speaks with civility. I feel ashamed for having included him in the Worst Poster lineup. He's a good guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Chief is a treasure to this board. He's frank, honest and he always speaks with civility. I feel ashamed for having included him in the Worst Poster lineup. He's a good guy.
Going soft.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Chief, the fact that you drive a Camry fits you, old hoss. Very neutral and logical.

Yes I could not drive safely some of the vehicles that younger people here can. I paid more than I wanted to for it, but it is a nice car. Being retired I don't drive that much maybe 4K

Thanks I try to say what I think unless that is offensive, that I keep to myself unless someone starts first. Then usually the ignore feature is my way of dealing. No problem with being among the worse, I probably deserved that.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yes that is my neighbor, not my house. They has a fire in their fireplace and now the house has new siding now. You like the car???

It looks like a practical car, so yeah. However, I’d rather have a classic Vette or Camero.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It looks like a practical car, so yeah. However, I’d rather have a classic Vette or Camero.
‘78 Vette was my first car. Burned more oil than gas when that little 4 banger was screaming around an interstate cloverleaf ramp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
‘78 Vette was my first car. Burned more oil than gas when that little 4 banger was screaming around an interstate cloverleaf ramp.
Am I reading this right? Your Vette came with a 4-banger? I wasnt aware that was even an option.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Detroit jerking my chain. I have a hard time imagining a freaking Corvette with an inline 4. I went on Wiki. They talk about the L-48 and L-82 motor that year. The L-48 was a small block 8.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What we have here is a failure to communicate!

:ohnoez::ohnoez:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed... it starts like this, then it goes full “Falling Down” ;)

giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Detroit jerking my chain. I have a hard time imagining a freaking Corvette with an inline 4. I went on Wiki. They talk about the L-48 and L-82 motor that year. The L-48 was a small block 8.
Never been a Corvette with a 4. Only time they ever had a 6 was the first two years, ‘53 and ‘54 I believe.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I always tell my ‘78 (Che)Vette story! ;) It was our Captain Americamobile... white exterior, red interior, blue carpet. But it had a cassette deck! My little brother had the best Vette stories.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What about the Vega story? Aluminum block brilliance!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I think my Vette had 48 HP... on a good day

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.