Car Thread

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Same Ghia as Karmann Ghia IIRC.

Had a '92 Mustang GT with the small block Windsor. Car had tremendous torque.
Yes... Ghia was a design firm that De Tomaso bought, then sold to Ford and that's where the mashup of De Tomaso, Ford and Ghia came up with the Pantera. Ford still owns Ghia.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you say Ghia?

d3a5390c2cac9de6367953c83c4044f5.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
57FrntRtLR.jpg

2nd car and the one I graduated high school with in '62....had to leave it in Ft. Walton Beach to go to Hogtown in Sept. and walk.....tough decision....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes... Ghia was a design firm that De Tomaso bought, then sold to Ford and that's where the mashup of De Tomaso, Ford and Ghia came up with the Pantera. Ford still owns Ghia.
Did not know Ford owned them. I sometimes wish Ford would bring more of its European influence over to the US. Example: the Focus. That car has been killing it on the rally circuit for years. The new RS Focus is one helluva hatch.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Did not know Ford owned them. I sometimes wish Ford would being more of its European influence over to the US. Example: the Focus. That car has been killing it on the rally circuit for years. The new RS Focus is one helluva hatch.
To Ford’s credit, the GT is the only American car the euros see as an equivalent of their exotics

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Not even the C7?
No. Everyone with an inkling of respect for engineering, including the euros, respect what the C7 is. In fact, I haven’t met anyone in the world who doesn’t agree that the C7 and the GT-R are the two best card in the world for the money and are on par performance wise, but not in same category of GT, R8 and the rest of them more out of snobbery than anything else. They don’t even hem and haw with the GT, they see it as an equal. Main thing is probably that you just see a lot of C7’s and GT-R’s, especially in a place like Dubai

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I drove my mom's yellow '71 hardtop Mustang with the 351 Cleveland throughout high school. Very fast car. I needed a car for college. My dad sprung $500 for a '67 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible, same color as in the pic, though without the puffed-up wheels.

First thing I noticed was the portable stove on the floor behind the driver. WTF. I figured out fast why it was there. It was holding up the driver side of the bench seat. The car was a beater.

390CI of pure American muscle. I just drove from one gas station to the next. I finally got rid of it when the carb sprung a leak and gas was spewing straight up like a geyser.

Those were some good old days.
7381915e0bde29b230246494e2e5f40b.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, high test was 35 cents a gallon in '73. Sigh.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I drove my mom's yellow '71 hardtop Mustang with the 351 Cleveland throughout high school. Very fast car. I needed a car for college. My dad sprung $500 for a '67 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible, same color as in the pic, though without the puffed-up wheels.

First thing I noticed was the portable stove on the floor behind the driver. WTF. I figured out fast why it was there. It was holding up the driver side of the bench seat. The car was a beater.

390CI of pure American muscle. I just drove from one gas station to the next. I finally got rid of it when the carb sprung a leak and gas was spewing straight up like a geyser.

Those were some good old days.
7381915e0bde29b230246494e2e5f40b.jpg
Great car... block I grew up on was straight out of Gran Torino but with all WWII vets (mostly pollacks)... the old guy across the street was a mechanic who had flown Corsairs in the Pacific as. a Marine enlisted pilot. His pride and joy was a 78 Ford LTD with the 460 Police Interceptor... IT... WAS... A... BEAST!!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, adaptive suspension
Audi uses 'em to this day. I've got them on my R8. They're a great adaptive strut\shock, but they tend to leak fluid prematurely and they're expensive as hell to replace. $6,300 for four on my car for the parts alone. Supposedly they're made in China.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No. Everyone with an inkling of respect for engineering, including the euros, respect what the C7 is. In fact, I haven’t met anyone in the world who doesn’t agree that the C7 and the GT-R are the two best card in the world for the money and are on par performance wise, but not in same category of GT, R8 and the rest of them more out of snobbery than anything else. They don’t even hem and haw with the GT, they see it as an equal. Main thing is probably that you just see a lot of C7’s and GT-R’s, especially in a place like Dubai
Dubai is overrun with exotics.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Audi uses 'em to this day. I've got them on my R8. They're a great adaptive strut\shock, but they tend to leak fluid prematurely and they're expensive as hell to replace. $6,300 for four on my car for the parts alone. Supposedly they're made in China.
I love the R8... driven it a few times

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb