Cardale "Cammy Camdale" Jones to leave early for the NFL?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As of now OSU has Braxton Miller, Barrett, & Jones plus the 5*QB Urbs recruits.
Lord help the Big 10-12 if Cardale isn't good enough to start next year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law, can't help looking at your avatar & imagine AH has a gunbarrel poked into Urb's back.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n150063 said:
Has anyone ever heard of a guy with 3 starts declaring early for the NFL?
I don't believe Matt cassel ever started in college and he's had a pretty long pro career. He's even had a few decent years

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n150591 said:
I don't believe Matt cassel ever started in college and he's had a pretty long pro career. He's even had a few decent years

But he didn't declare early for the draft. He just ran out of eligibility.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
He just had a huge press conference to announce he's coming back to school. Probably didn't need the presser, but what do I know.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jones is coming back to Ohio, so they basically have three very good, proven starters. Something has to give, right? Are the other two just going to take one for the team and not worry about playing the rest of their careers?

There has been one QB in Urban Meyer's career who hasn't come away looking like a freakishly good combination of Joe Montana, Michael Vick and Brett Favre, and it's............. John Brantley. He must be proud. Yay us.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tay-in-school/

“I don’t know why you guys made this such a big deal,” Jones said.

It was Jones that made it a big deal. It was Jones that made it an unnecessary distraction and attention grab. And it will be Jones who’ll have to live this one down.

So why call it a “life-changing decision”?

“Because the way I’m gonna get viewed now and the way I’m gonna go about my business is completely different,” Jones said.

Yes. He’s now going to be viewed as a guy who indulged in a goofy publicity stunt when all he had to do to stay in school was to do nothing.
This kid is an attention whore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n151522 said:
There has been one QB in Urban Meyer's career who hasn't come away looking like a freakishly good combination of Joe Montana, Michael Vick and Brett Favre, and it's............. John Brantley. He must be proud. Yay us.
Tyler Murphy? Trey Burton? Jordan Reed?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n151537 said:
Tyler Murphy? Trey Burton? Jordan Reed?

Again, yay us.

Brantley was his big miss at UF. Meyer kicked the tires on the other three once he realized Brantley was a total miss.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n150216 said:
That was posted from a fake Twitter account. Welcome to the internet.

He said something like that it just didn't get a lot of attention at the time due to his backup status. Meyer addressed it with typical PC talk about him being young etc when the press jumped on it again when he became the starter.

"He is known mostly for a tweet two years ago that resulted in his suspension from the Ohio State team: "Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS." Meyer said Jones was "just a mess" when he arrived at Ohio State but has matured. The coach said he believes in his quarterback because of growth on and off the field. Moreover, Jones has "a cannon" for an arm, Meyer said.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, those were the QBs he recruited. It's not like he was windowshopping at a Community College. Those are the guys he (or his mental midget OC) signed.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well Meyer has never developed a competent NFL QB so I don't blame him for trying to get a degree.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He'll transfer next year. And really regret his decision.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n151522 said:
Jones is coming back to Ohio, so they basically have three very good, proven starters. Something has to give, right? Are the other two just going to take one for the team and not worry about playing the rest of their careers?

Miller will probably transfer. Barrett could redshirt this coming year and then have 3 more years to play at OSU.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n151625 said:
Well Meyer has never developed a competent NFL QB so I don't blame him for trying to get a degree.

Alex Smith has been in the league almost a decade...... As long as you are on a NFL roster, you are getting NFL money.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n152008 said:
Miller will probably transfer. Barrett could redshirt this coming year and then have 3 more years to play at OSU.

Barrett redshirted in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.