201407_1554_egfba_sm.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who the fûck mows all the shįt?
Yeah, I'm at about 5.5 acres but half is wooded. Mowing is a pain in the azz. He has twice the grass to deal with. And when I'm not wasting days mowing it seems like I'm wasting days trying to keep my damn Husgvarna tractor working.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who the fûck mows all the shįt?

It's not too bad. I have a Scag 61 zero turn, 61 inch velocity deck. So I can mow at about 11-12 mph. Like this one:
350655fe-8935-4c65-abfb-725810b7e381.jpg

The problem with full speed is you can get tossed around like a rag doll if you dont know where the little bumps are. I mow the "front" yard every week. Takes about 45 minutes. I have a full canopy on it, headphones in, a beer in the cupholder, no kids or wife bothering me.... it's actually a nice retreat.

If I mow the entire property at one time.... which I rarely do.... it takes 3 hours.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lucky punk. That's the kind of spread I want. I want binoculars to be able to see my neighbors.

I just measured it on google maps. My neighbor to my left is 720 ft away, to the right is 800 ft away, and across the street is 1100 ft away. And I strategically built my house to be out of the line of sight of those 3 homes. I wanted to be tucked into the woods somewhere but my wife wanted the big yard but in a neighborhood. So an equine neighborhood was the solution.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just measured it on google maps. My neighbor to my left is 720 ft away, to the right is 800 ft away, and across the street is 1100 ft away. And I strategically built my house to be out of the line of sight of those 3 homes. I wanted to be tucked into the woods somewhere but my wife wanted the big yard but in a neighborhood. So an equine neighborhood was the solution.
All that space, and all the money, you didn't even want a 3 car garage? Or an separate garage for mowers and storage so you can park that truck in the garage?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All that space, and all the money, you didn't even want a 3 car garage? Or an separate garage for mowers and storage so you can park that truck in the garage?

I specifically built a 2 car garage because of plans to build a detached. It's in the works. A detached 3 car, 1000 sqft, with pull through access, and a carport on the side of it.

Hey NV.... post up a pic of your place.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I specifically built a 2 car garage because of plans to build a detached. It's in the works. A detached 3 car, 1000 sqft, with pull through access, and a carport on the side of it.

Hey NV.... post up a pic of your place.
This isn't about me, it's about you. Good call on the 3 car detached. What about a pool? Full size basketball court?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't about me, it's about you. Good call on the 3 car detached. What about a pool? Full size basketball court?

Actually, just got the plans back from engineering yesterday and off to permitting. This is almost exactly what is going in.

l-shape-pool-shawangunk.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, just got the plans back from engineering yesterday and off to permitting. This is almost exactly what is going in.

l-shape-pool-shawangunk.jpg
Looks good Brad. I'm proud of you. I think you make us all proud of what you've become. Especially that increase in "Like to Post" ratio. :proud:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Back to your lawn situation. Might I suggest an alternative?

sci_Goats_Go_Inspecting_wikimedia_commons.jpg

Alex.

Man, I would actually love to have some goats. But it's against the covenants set forth in HOA. Horses and cows only. I've looked into raising a calf or two. But it really doesnt make financial sense when we have so many local farms selling direct. I've started a small orchard in one corner (40 trees). But the birds, squirrels, and raccoons are relentless.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Man, I would actually love to have some goats. But it's against the covenants set forth in HOA. Horses and cows only. I've looked into raising a calf or two. But it really doesnt make financial sense when we have so many local farms selling direct. I've started a small orchard in one corner (40 trees). But the birds, squirrels, and raccoons are relentless.

But if ISIS ever attacks, you and your wife could flee to safety while they were busy raping the goats.

It's a win-win. No more mowing, and ISIS insurance all in one.

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to buy that from you Brad. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to store it. My HOA would never allow it on my property.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I could give my own post a like for calling it. :lol:

Calling it was like shooting fish in a barrel... Guessing t-gator loves the man chowder... or that Dubs will answer questions in the chatbox... there is no credit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.