Catch Jake Allen playing right now in ESPNU

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not watching it right now. But I know it just started.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who? Is he related to Grayson?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So now we have a "bowl series" in high school football??

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So now we have a "bowl series" in high school football??
For the state champions apparently.
Not a bad idea honestly because it gives a chance for these kids a chance to compete more nationally.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not impressed with Allen to be honest. Hope I'm wrong and he kills it here.....

Or Trask locks down the job for the next 4 years, one or the other.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not impressed he just can hit open guys. He doesnt thread the needle good at all. Maybe with some time to learn he could be a good college QB in the SEC.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Not impressed he just can hit open guys. He doesnt thread the needle good at all. Maybe with some time to learn he could be a good college QB in the SEC.
Heck we cant even see open guys w our QBs. If he can hit them thats an improvement!

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's just me. I keep being told that he is really good on days when I'm not watching.

It's my fault.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the first half. Most of his early throws were the (all too familiar to Gators) 30 yard horizontal pass to make 3 yard type. Although one did end up getting turned into a long TD. Then he threw a few real nice passes on the money followed by a couple bonehead tosses in a row that should have been intercepted. So what I saw was pretty "meh". Couldn't really judge much from it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the first half. Most of his early throws were the (all too familiar to Gators) 30 yard horizontal pass to make 3 yard type. Although one did end up getting turned into a long TD. Then he threw a few real nice passes on the money followed by a couple bonehead tosses in a row that should have been intercepted. So what I saw was pretty "meh". Couldn't really judge much from it.

I only watched the first half also and its mostly what I had seen before from him. Maybe he does have some good potential but I think people are crazy if they think he could step in and have any success as a true freshman. You just don't see things on tape suggesting that could happen quickly. I would be really surprised if he isn't redshirted next season.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, based on the reading here... I guess he'll fit right into the current decade long culture we have at QB :rolleyes3:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
After what I saw last we are in trouble if Jake Allen has to play QB in the next 2 years. Hate to be down on a kid before he even gets on campus but he looked awful. Maybe Mac can fix him but what I've seen so far is cause for worry!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Great kid with a good heart that wants to be a gator and is doing everything in his power to recruit good players for us. I have alot of hope that he does well here.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Great kid with a good heart that wants to be a gator and is doing everything in his power to recruit good players for us. I have alot of hope that he does well here.
As well all do, hope springs eternal,
but is not a course of action

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Ill wait til a kids in college before I start knocking his play. Not getting on a soapbox or anything, but I don't think it can do anything good for the program, but it could do the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator